PDA

View Full Version : Finally - Jae Crowder get the respect he has earned....

IWB
02-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Jae Crowder tabbed Big East Player of the Week (http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/022012aaa.html)

Mark Miller
02-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Amen. Outstanding season for Crowder.

Definitely in the mold of Wesley, Lazar and Jimmy.

And DJO is right there with Jerel.

IWB
02-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Correct - DJO is on pace to finish his career with around 1,660 points, which would put him right around Bo Ellis at #10 all time. The top 10 is pretty close to each other, so you could say that his 1 game suspension earlier in the season may have cost him 3 spots on the all-time list.

If he stays on that pace, he would end up 335 points behind Jerel, meaning a 4th year with 9 PPG would put him as the all time leader. In the grand scheme of things, I hope MU fans realize how good he really is before he is done in the Bradley Center!

MUMac
02-20-2012, 07:21 PM
I was thinking about Jae and DJO last week. What a phenomenal tandem they make. Jim, you are spot on with your comments about DJO. Sometimes I think people take him for granted. His speed and some of the things he can do with a basketball ... WOW. I remember when he signed. Buzz said he was going to be special and one of the best players ever at MU. Buzz was correct and DJO has not disappointed.

I cannot believe how much Jae has improved. This year alone. Looking back to his first few games last year to know, though, man I wish Buzz had him for 4 years.

IWB
02-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Mac - you mention DJO's speed - watching him end to end, when he wants to he can blow past anyone. I read last week(can't remember where) that an NBA scout said he has speed and ball handling skills that will translate better on the NBA level than on the college level.

Also, not that I have looked, but with shirt off, he has a freakish body. Remember Dominic James' 8 pack abs? Well, DJO has the abs, but what is amazing about his body, is the drastic difference in circumference from his waist up to his shoulders. He has a very small waist, it is literally a V shape. Never seen anything like it on anyone, pro or college.

Gato78
02-20-2012, 08:23 PM
I first was told of DJO's ability when IWB and I spoke with Tim Maymon at MU Madness who raved about DJO. He was right. Said DJO was the guy. In retrospect, Uncle Tim didn't see his own kid's place correctly or how he fit in with DJO but he certainly saw DJO's talent.

MUMac
02-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Anyone hear the high praise from Jay Bilas during the UConn/Nova game directed towards Crowder? Jay said "Jae Crowder is a pro. There is no doubt in my mind that he will play in the NBA." Then Davis and Raferty chimed in about how good MU is. Commenting on the UConn game and how MU dominated. Pretty nice to hear.

IWB
02-20-2012, 08:41 PM
I have to tell you Mac, no matter how good MU is, it always throws me off when hearing announcers talk about them during other games. How often do people get sick of them talking about Duke etc during an MU-ND game for example, well - it's about time they start taking notice of these guys!