PDA

View Full Version : JoJo Embiid

IWB
10-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Wow, I really need to get my video editing software back!!

Jim Ganzer ‏@theIWB: At Milwaukee Bucks media day Luc Richard Mbah a Moute talked Basketball Without Borders & @jojo_embiid #Bucks #mubb http://youtu.be/XqXHAlxR4mc (http://youtu.be/XqXHAlxR4mc)

Goose85
10-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Would love to see Embiid finish off an already great group coming to MU next season.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
10-02-2012, 04:51 PM
I honestly believe that when the final rankings come out, Embiid will be a top-20 player. Possibly even top-10. He's blowing up on a nuclear level.

Goose85
10-03-2012, 08:26 AM
If possible, I'd try to bring Embiid in when the Bucks are playing. I'm not sure what Embiid schedule is, but his knowing he will play where Mbah a Moute plays and knowing he can watch him play while in college could be something that sways Embiid. Bucks are at home Oct 13th and 20th if we are afraid he will commit early. If not, plenty of options into November 3, 10 and 17.

MUUWUWM
10-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Moute is injured and probally won't be able to play till after the start of the regular season. Actually this might help, if Embiid comes to town he'd have maybe more time to show him around.

IWB
10-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Buzz Williams and Brad Autry were at The Rock School yesterday to see Embiid. Pushing hard to add the 7'0 big man to an already Top 5 recruiting class.

dw3dw3dw3
10-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Buzz Williams and Brad Autry were at The Rock School yesterday to see Embiid. Pushing hard to add the 7'0 big man to an already Top 5 recruiting class.

They obviously feel like they are still in it, but officials to Texas and Kansas coming up have to be concerning.

CaribouJim
10-04-2012, 11:49 AM
They obviously feel like they are still in it, but officials to Texas and Kansas coming up have to be concerning.

Considering the competition combined with I'm sure negative recruiting about the relative instability of the BE this would easily be Buzz's biggest "get" wouldn't you think?

dw3dw3dw3
10-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Considering the competition combined with I'm sure negative recruiting about the relative instability of the BE this would easily be Buzz's biggest "get" wouldn't you think?

If both JuJuan Johnson and Embiid wanted to commit, would Buzz take both? That would mean a pretty big roster shake-up next year. I can see over-signing by one (assuming Chris gets his 6th), but two seems like a recipe for some more bad press.

From purely a roster perspective Embiid would be the greater need, but he may decide after Johnson.

TedBaxter
10-06-2012, 02:29 AM
Embiid mixtape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBwSvIOOzMo&feature=g-upl

Embiid and Johnson are both officially visiting Texas this weekend.

Phantom Warrior
10-06-2012, 04:24 AM
Holy Crapoli, Baxman!

1. Incredible athlete

2. Can already handle the ball

3. Nice form on the mid-range jumper

4. Showed a couple of moves (that spin move was awesome!)

5. Showed some swag in the last clip.

6. Only been playing hoops for a year!?!?!?!?

7. He will be one and done!

8. I will be SHOCKED if he ends up at MU.

9. But it's nice to hope.

10. He reminds me of Chones when Chones was a junior.

Mucrisco
10-06-2012, 10:38 AM
He has good footwork. I wonder if he played soccer.

AlexJesswein
10-06-2012, 11:44 AM
He has good footwork. I wonder if he played soccer.

He played soccer and volleyball according to an article a while back from Telep.

dubs98
10-06-2012, 12:10 PM
sorry if i missed it, but has he been up to MU yet? Either way, what are our shots at getting him here for an official visit? wow, he certainly appears to be a talented young man.

TheSultan
10-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Apparently he has been to MU unofficially and to Milwaukee a number of times.

warriorfan4life
10-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Apparently he has been to MU unofficially and to Milwaukee a number of times.

He was on an unofficial visit in August (first reported by IWB), and has a strong connection to Bucks forward Luc Richard Mbah Moute.

dubs98
10-06-2012, 12:25 PM
I don't suppose anyone knows how Buzz's in home went with him (I believe this last week??)

IWB
10-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Very well - Buzz has a solid connection with Joel.

dubs98
10-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Fantastic! IWB, any thoughts on whether he'll make the trip up for an official. Also, I know kids list their top however many schools all the time which I think Joel has done, but who are the major players in this recruitment? Sounds like we are in the discussion, but are we as much of a player in this as Fl and TX? Any other schools have a legit shot or is this still wide open for him?

MUAlphaBangura
10-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Weirdly, the better a player he is projected to be, the better the chance I think MU might have. If he is being talked about as being a one or two and done player, he may be more inclined to be in the city of his mentor mBah a Moute for his college playing days.

IWB
10-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I think his list in no particular order is Florida, Texas, UCLA, Kansas, Virginia & Marquette.

Mucrisco
10-06-2012, 07:38 PM
He played soccer and volleyball according to an article a while back from Telep.

Thanks. We should get our guys to do some dribbling stuff with our soccer team in the off season.