PDA

View Full Version : Scrimmages...?

Nukem2
10-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Any word on who/when MU will be scrimmaging this pre-season...? Guess Michael Hunt has not been on top of this...:p

IWB
10-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Any word on who/when MU will be scrimmaging this pre-season...? Guess Michael Hunt has not been on top of this...:p

Well, at least IWB is....

Jim Ganzer ‏@theIWB: Hearing Marquette has scheduled 2 closed scrimmages for 2012. Will be at Illinois State & host George Mason. #mubb @MarquetteMBB

Nukem2
10-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the update

Mucrisco
10-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I liked playing the DII or DIII schools and wish we did at least one of these. It was fun to see these other teams have their moment to shine against the big boys. We had some tough games too. I know the value of competing in these scrimmages against DI talent, but the pressure of a winning a game you are suppose to win has value too. It was better when we played high major schools. These mid majors don't excite me.

Nukem2
10-02-2012, 09:07 PM
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I liked playing the DII or DIII schools and wish we did at least one of these. It was fun to see these other teams have their moment to shine against the big boys. We had some tough games too. I know the value of competing in these scrimmages against DI talent, but the pressure of a winning a game you are suppose to win has value too. It was better when we played high major schools. These mid majors don't excite me.First, welcome back! Not sure you are in the minority. The exhibitions were not all bad and MU could use the money in these harsh economic times. Yes, it's better to scrimmage higher level teams if that's going to be the routine.

Mucrisco
10-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks! (Adding more words so I have at least 10 characters.)

BLT
10-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I will take two scrimmage days with NCAA bound team in advance of the OSU opener and Maui any day. MU will be really special right off the bat.