PDA

View Full Version : Big East Tourney / ACC Tourney

Goose85
09-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Looks like the Big East will have the tourney at the Garden for a long time. Very good news for the Big East.

When Syracuse and Pit left for the ACC folks made it sound like the ACC might like to play the tourney in New York. Well, that may have been lip service, as neither the MSG or the new Barclay's arena in Brooklyn submitted bids by the ACC's deadline to host the tournament in any of the years 2016-2021. I'm sure Coach K likes it in North Carolina, so that is where it will probably stay.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/20360777/should-madison-square-garden-be-choosing-the-big-east-over-the-acc

Nukem2
09-25-2012, 02:35 PM
ACC is tobacco road. The BE imports are second class citizens...?

ge1974
09-25-2012, 02:57 PM
I hope the new Yankee entires into the ACC don't expect to get any 50-50 calls; especially down in that neck of the woods.

MayorBeluga
09-25-2012, 02:59 PM
I hope the new Yankee entires into the ACC don't expect to get any 50-50 calls; especially down in that neck of the woods.

Hizzoner would love to see the ACC hire the NFL replacement refs, if you know what Hizzoner means...

TulsaWarrior
09-25-2012, 07:32 PM
How about creating a truly super-conference? Remaining Big East schools and ACC retains some traditional rivalries and renewing old ones. That alliance would control the east and have a nice foothold in the upper midwest. You would have four divisions for basketball and three for football with a built in wildcard for a berth in the conference football play-off. That conference would have some negotiating power for even bigger bucks. SEC wouldn't consolidate, neither would the Big Ten or Pack 12. The Big 12 might be open to something like this but the geography would make more sense of the ACC and Big East.