PDA

View Full Version : The NCAA and Duke

Goose85
09-24-2012, 08:59 AM
An MU assistant gives out a t-shirt and a ride to a recruit. Monarch loses his job, Buzz gets a game suspension and Larry tells all so it becomes major news on ESPN.

Well a Duke player gets $100 k worth the jewlery with a $30 K down payment and gets a $70 k loan. Store owner doesn't want to talk so the NCAA just forgets the whole thing. Look out St. Mary's, the NCAA needs a diversion.

Interesting take by CBS sports.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/20290116/will-coach-k-duke-skate-again-yes-unless-the-heat-stays-on-blue-devils

IWB
09-24-2012, 09:25 AM
What is amazing is reading the Duke fans' comments. 'There is no way the staff could have known about this'. Really? No way they could tell that a player is wearing $100k in jewelry? Or walking around with $30k in cash? NCAA won't do anything about it either.

Goose85
09-24-2012, 09:49 AM
How was USC supposed to know that Reggie Bush's parents, who don't live on campus, had housing paid for? Same think if you ask me.

BLT
09-24-2012, 10:49 AM
The NCAA didn't suspend Buzz for a game or order the firing of an asssitant over a t-shirt, the MU adminstration did. The Duke administration (and faculty) screwed up the lacrosse situation and are looking the other way here.

MUMac
09-24-2012, 06:06 PM
The NCAA didn't suspend Buzz for a game or order the firing of an asssitant over a t-shirt, the MU adminstration did. The Duke administration (and faculty) screwed up the lacrosse situation and are looking the other way here.

That is true. The NCAA has not rendered a verdict to MU's actions as of yet, either.

Goose85
09-25-2012, 08:45 AM
No, the NCAA didn't, MU did. What I was pointing out is that MU made a big show of one minor violation, and will likely impose more penalties than Duke will. Duke should get similar to USC in my opinion. Basically the NCAA is saying the store owner won't talk so there is nothing they can do. Well, what if Reggie Bush's parents didn't talk? Would the NCAA have thrown up their hands and said well, they won't tell us what happened so there is nothing we can do?