PDA

View Full Version : Basketball vs politics.....Frustration

IWB
09-19-2012, 02:12 PM
I follow Marquette basketball and Marquette recruiting every minute of every day - to the point when I am notified every time there is a tweet with "Marquette" in it. Any idea how much of a pain in the butt that becomes when Marquette Law puts out new polls for the presidential and senate races?

warriorfan4life
09-19-2012, 03:41 PM
The Marquette Law polls actually performed very well in predicting the Walker recall election, and I will be anxious to see how they perform this fall (especially as the great Nate Silver has pointed out the lack of polling in Wisconsin this election cycle).

IWB
09-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Oh, I know they are the real deal, I am just used to updates with 1-2 new tweets, not 164 at a time.

Bocephys
09-19-2012, 05:01 PM
I think that officially qualifies as a first world problem.

unclejohn
09-21-2012, 02:24 AM
On the other hand, for native Chicagoans, politics is the most enjoyable spectator sport there is, even surpassing college basketball. However, I take pains to draw lines between the two. I never brag about Marquette basketball on political message boards.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
09-21-2012, 06:05 AM
I'd think that sussing through all the Marquette, MI tweets would have already driven you nuts.

IWB
09-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Well, to be honest BrewCity - that has been pretty wild too. Apparently there is been quite a bit of crime in good old Marquette Michigan, so that has been interesting. Then there is this little high school girl from some town in New York - Shawna Marquette? Wow, I am sure her parents are proud. Can't Tweet without dropping an f' bomb, talking about drugs (really? You don't think we understand what it means when you say you really like your new friend mary jane?) Anyway, this girl tweets 100 times a day and it is usually looking for someone to text with during her classes, ripping on her teachers etc etc. She drives me nuts. I feel like calling her school and reporting her as an idiot.

CaribouJim
09-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Well, to be honest BrewCity - that has been pretty wild too. Apparently there is been quite a bit of crime in good old Marquette Michigan, so that has been interesting. Then there is this little high school girl from some town in New York - Shawna Marquette? Wow, I am sure her parents are proud. Can't Tweet without dropping an f' bomb, talking about drugs (really? You don't think we understand what it means when you say you really like your new friend mary jane?) Anyway, this girl tweets 100 times a day and it is usually looking for someone to text with during her classes, ripping on her teachers etc etc. She drives me nuts. I feel like calling her school and reporting her as an idiot.

Do you know what town in NY? I'm going home next week so I can "take care" of the situation if you'd like me to. That's the way we roll out there.