PDA

View Full Version : NBA Scouts

Goose85
02-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Doris Burke said there were many a NBA scout in the house for the game today. They came to see the UConn guys I'm sure, but I would be they left incredibly impressed by Jae and DJO. This game really helped show they are NBA material. Very happy for both of them.

ge1974
02-19-2012, 03:05 PM
On the other hand, the NBA scouts could not have been very impressed with UCONN's Andre Drummond and their players; except for possibly Jeremy Lamb.

I think DJO is a first rounder for sure and that Jae Crowder's stock continues to rise. A couple of more performances like yesterday and he could possibly sneak up into the first round, IMO. Jae had as many rebounds as Oriakhi, Drummond, Olander and Smith COMBINED.

ge1974
02-20-2012, 06:48 PM
The NBA scouts must have been very disappointed in the UCONN frontline players. Jae Crowder had as many rebounds, as Drummond, Oriaki, Orlander and Smith COMBINED. They may have been impressed with Jeremy Lamb but I have to believe Jae Crowder's stock went up a ton. If he has a couple of more performances like he did on Saturday, I would not be surprised to see him go late in the 1st round.

Goose85
02-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Play well in the Big East tourney and make a run in the NCAA (sweet 16 or better) and I think DJO goes in round 1 and Jae in round 2. Playing well on national tv and on those two stages will really help their NBA stock soar.

IWB
02-21-2012, 09:21 AM
A lot of it has to do with the quality of Big East opponents, but each year, as the season goes on, more and more NBA scouts show up at the Bradley Center. Some watching the opponents' player, some watching MU players. The last few games there have been anywhere from 5-13 NBA scouts at the MU games. Says a lot about how far this program has come, and the value of playing in the Big East.

You have to wonder if Buzz uses that in recruiting. "Here, let me show you something..... Here is a list of all of the NBA scouts that attended our home games last year. Oh, and did you know that, when in town to play the Bucks, some NBA teams will use our facility for practice? Here is a list of teams that practiced in the Al McGuire Center over the last two years...Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns, Boston Celtics, Dallas Mavericks....."

Goose85
02-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Another great example of how the Al is paying off and why it is great for MU to be playing in an NBA city.

mufansince72
02-21-2012, 11:57 AM
A lot of it has to do with the quality of Big East opponents, but each year, as the season goes on, more and more NBA scouts show up at the Bradley Center. Some watching the opponents' player, some watching MU players. The last few games there have been anywhere from 5-13 NBA scouts at the MU games. Says a lot about how far this program has come, and the value of playing in the Big East.

You have to wonder if Buzz uses that in recruiting. "Here, let me show you something..... Here is a list of all of the NBA scouts that attended our home games last year. Oh, and did you know that, when in town to play the Bucks, some NBA teams will use our facility for practice? Here is a list of teams that practiced in the Al McGuire Center over the last two years...Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns, Boston Celtics, Dallas Mavericks....."

Nah, I think Buzz just uses the "come play for me if you want to be a great person and have your ball's crushed line":p

IWB
02-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Awesome post.