PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically,

Phantom Warrior
09-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Obviously, this is not going to happen, but if it did..........

Suppose the ACC came calling to MU and said the conference wanted to add a 16th member, preferably one that did not play football since the league did not want to divide t.v. football money among 15 teams, rather than 14.

For whatever reason, the ACC offered MU first, before GTown or Nova or any other basketball-first school.

Would you accept the offrer and bolt from the Big East for the ACC or turn it down and stay put?

For those who say this is a silly question because it will never happen, that's besides the point I am trying to make.

WarriorsNuffSaid
09-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Accept that offer just like GTown or Nova would accept that offer. It would be disappointing to leave the Big East, but in this game of unpredictable musical chairs, how could you say no.

Markedman
09-13-2012, 05:24 PM
It depends on the assurances they could give you that they wouldn't boot you at some point if ND wanted to join for football.

Personally I like being in a league with Louisville, Cincy, Georgetown, Nova etc so I'm not sure I'd do it but from a business stand point you would have to strongly consider it.

We have a chance now to be one of the top programs in the Big East which could actually help us on a national scale if the BE can hang in there without getting diluted further.

The ACC has stability and star power. We would be a middle of the pack program there but people(mostly UW fans) thought we would be a bottom feeder in the BE so things can work out.

TheSultan
09-13-2012, 05:26 PM
In a New York Minute....even faster if you could.

BLT
09-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Honestly, MU is made for the current BE. Fan base and the urban markets that match to its student and alumni body, More so, its partners are now more aligned with MU's needs, including the Jesuits and basketball only schools. Financially, the ACC wouldn't give MU any more quid for hoops that would be more than the exit fee and what they will get from a new deal. MU would have no voice in the ACC, where it has a strong bloc in the BE. More so, like a Xavier with NCAA residuals, it is better for MU to be a big fish in a small pond. CUSA didn't have that alignment nor pull still left in the BE.

warriorfan4life
09-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
09-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Join the ACC in a heartbeat. It won't happen, but if it did, yes, yes, a thousand times yes.