PDA

View Full Version : One day Later

Gato78
09-13-2012, 03:30 PM
I am a bit surprised about ND's departure since it pisses all over it's "proud traditions". They have messed with the Michigan, Michigan State, USC, Army, NAvy and Air Force football rivalries. They have probably pissed away their two oldest basketball rivalries in Marquette and DePaul. If there is any school I would think would forego money for the sake of its reputation as an educational institution it would be Notre Dame--they do not even need the money. F them.

MU_Iceman
09-13-2012, 03:35 PM
I am a bit surprised about ND's departure since it pisses all over it's "proud traditions". They have messed with the Michigan, Michigan State, USC, Army, NAvy and Air Force football rivalries. They have probably pissed away their two oldest basketball rivalries in Marquette and DePaul. If there is any school I would think would forego money for the sake of its reputation as an educational institution it would be Notre Dame--they do not even need the money. F them.

I agree Gato. And if Notre Dame comes calling wanting to put MU on their schedule every year for hoops, I hope Broeker goes above Larry and tells them to get bent. :P

Goose85
09-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Yeah - I've always like ND football, but not sure anymore.

It will be interesting to see how the football works out. They will still have 7 games after the 5 ACC games, really just trade Oklahoma for an ACC team and their schedule is the same as this season.

Notre Dame, despite being a non football member, had a lot of juice in the Big East. Being the only non football school, my guess is they will not enjoy the same place at the table in the ACC. The ACC may play nice for awhile and let ND think they have input, but that will only last so long.

MayorBeluga
09-13-2012, 03:50 PM
So 30 pieces of silver, adjusted for inflation over 2,000 years comes to 5 games with ACC foes annually?

BLT
09-13-2012, 04:00 PM
I find it interesting that Pitt and Syracuse left because of Notre Dame's hold on the media contract...but now ND joins them in the ACC. ND must be getting more than their fair share of basketball $$ in order to sell this in. The lack of a bowl commitment is hurting the BE football members, and ND really had no choices left. It was the time to strike, as obviously the BE ESPN negotaitions and feedback from NBC about not wanting hoops must have not been going too well. ND skews East so they bailed.

IrwinFletcher
09-13-2012, 06:31 PM
If there is any school I would think would forego money for the sake of its reputation as an educational institution it would be Notre Dame--they do not even need the money. F them.

Could not disagree more. ND is ALL about the money. Do they need it? No. Do they crave it? Yes.

Father Dan's Camera
09-13-2012, 07:04 PM
When has Notre Dame cared about anything or anyonebut themselves?? This should come as no surprise. I just love how they keep trying to sell that they are relevant

MUAlphaBangura
09-13-2012, 07:41 PM

Wait. I don't have to stop at the toll booth at the South Bend exit and pay my toll to the Goth chick with the fang veneers? I don't have to look for a bar to be open just two hours before an F'ing rivalry game on a Saturday morning? I don't have to sit in a sh!thole arena(granted less sh!tholish since their renovatio) with obnoxious, pompous A-holes all around me? I don't have to put up with lying sack of sh!t Notre Dame priests( yes I said it and don't worry cuz I'm already going to Hell)? I don't have to watch a bunch of shirtless, male students do a stupid Irish jig? I don't have to look at the Irish coach with his redundant mock turtleneck? I think I'm OK with that. I agree Gato, F them.