PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame's departure could end rivalry with Marquette

CaribouJim
09-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Bob Wofley article - kind of a dig, senseless IMO, by Jay Bilas at both ND and MU in the Digger and Al era:

And what of Notre Dame's rivalry with Marquette? Doesn't this development cast a shadow on that prospect?

"A little bit," Bilas said. "They were both independents when they played. I think people look so fondly on the independent time, where Notre Dame and Marquette played some really good games, but they played some really bad ones, too. I don't mean to denigrate the things that they did. But it's a lot harder being in a league than not being in one, and neither Digger Phelps nor Al McGuire ever coached in a league game."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/notre-dames-departure-could-end-rivalry-with-marquette-fi6rd6a-169560916.html

For the record, I will miss playing ND on a regular basis big time - natural and historical rivals and I'll miss not getting to the Linebacker Lounge as often.

Gato78
09-13-2012, 03:02 PM
I am sure the Linebacker will feel your pain. I do not think anyone from Duke or Clemson or Geogia Tech will ever appreciate the greatness that is the 'backer.