PDA

View Full Version : Buzz - the next coaching legend?

IWB
09-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Bleacher report has a story out on 7 coaches that could be the next college basketball coaching legend, and Buzz Williams is on the list. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1332767-7-college-basketball-coaches-that-will-become-next-calhoun-boeheim-coach-k/page/8)

Hamostradamus
09-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Imagine how much better he could be with Larry's help.

Goose85
09-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Imagine how much better he could be with Larry's help.

Classic !!!!!

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
09-13-2012, 03:48 PM
I've read enough Bleacher Report in the past two days to permanently drop my IQ by 27 points (that article count was 2). I'm not going to further torment myself by reading this, but I will say that as I watched the ESPN package on Jim Calhoun this morning, I thought about how awesome it would be to see a similar package on Buzz's career in about 25 years when he announces his retirement from Marquette with numerous Final Fours and a couple NCs under his belt. Sure, it's pie in the sky, but I really do think he could become a truly special coach here.

Goose85
09-13-2012, 03:49 PM
I've read enough Bleacher Report in the past two days to permanently drop my IQ by 27 points (that article count was 2). I'm not going to further torment myself by reading this, but I will say that as I watched the ESPN package on Jim Calhoun this morning, I thought about how awesome it would be to see a similar package on Buzz's career in about 25 years when he announces his retirement from Marquette with numerous Final Fours and a couple NCs under his belt. Sure, it's pie in the sky, but I really do think he could become a truly special coach here.

Agree 100%

IrwinFletcher
09-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Agree 100%

Curious. Would you take the ugliness of Calhoun's record if to go along with the winning? Lets not forget that they are not eligible for post season play this year and he has been suspended a few times. Cleary his record is slightly tainted to say the least.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
09-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Curious. Would you take the ugliness of Calhoun's record if to go along with the winning? Lets not forget that they are not eligible for post season play this year and he has been suspended a few times. Cleary his record is slightly tainted to say the least.

I wouldn't prefer it like that, though from what I saw, the package focused on the Final Fours, the titles, and the NBA players rather than the controversy. Though if we had 10 conference titles, 7 conference tourney titles, 13 Sweet Sixteens, 4 Final Fours, and 3 national titles, I think I could get over a record like Calhoun's.

Goose85
09-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Calhoun is a cheat. I don't want to win by cheating. I don't mind students maintaining the NCAA academic requirements, which at times means we may have some boarderline students, but I don't want to cheat.

I don't think boarderline academics by some athletes, who are elligible by NCAA rules, affects a schoo's academic reputation at all. Cheating and scandals do.

Georgetown is a respected academic university, so is Wisconsin and most Big 10 schools. We all understand that, just like we all know there are plenty of athletes at those schools that are NCAA boarderline and would not likely be progressing toward degrees if not athletes. Giving kids a chance from a difficult background, who work hard to stay elligible, is the right thing to do I think, and MU has too until Larry / Pilarz.

ydouask23
09-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Larry Williams should be fired.