PDA

View Full Version : UWM's turn for some bad press

Markedman
09-10-2012, 11:39 AM
at least 6 student athetes among those arrested.

I'm sure the UW boards will be up in arms over this.......ok maybe not.....

http://fox6now.com/2012/09/09/mpd-uwm-police-operation-nets-39-arrests-saturday/

IWB
09-10-2012, 11:51 AM
When I first saw the story that they were going to beef up the police I thought it was to protect the area from crime etc etc. But now to find out that all those additional police officers were there to give citations for underage drinking and excessive noise? Sure, it is a residential neighborhood and it should be treated as such, but now instead of issuing them citations they are taking them downtown and booking them? Excessive noise with no warning and now you have been finger printed and have a 'record'? That seems pretty absurd to me. Is underage drinking on a college campus really something new and outrageous? So much so that additional police presence is needed?

BLT
09-10-2012, 12:17 PM
And with UWM moving all their basketball games on campus, I am sure the same neighbors won't be annoyed with all the extra car and bar traffic either....

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
09-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Personal experience as a first-responder, the underage drinking does get out of hand sometimes, and dangerously so, but at what college campus is that not the case? I do take issue with the number of robberies committed over there by non-locals. The area just isn't equipped for the amount of armed robberies reported over there of late.

Let's be honest, when was the last time an underage ticket actually curbed underage drinking?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
09-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Doesn't curb drinking, but does generate a bit of revenue if enough are handed out.

IWB
09-10-2012, 10:02 PM
BrewCity makes my point - the robberies etc are increasing in that area, but the task force was put together to control noise and underage drinking?