PDA

View Full Version : No more Enlund covering MU??

MU_Iceman
09-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Paint Touches ‏@PaintTouches

Heard yesterday that Tom Enlund no longer will be covering Marquette for the Journal Sentinel. #mubb

What will we ever do?? :confused: It wouldn't shock me in the least if the JS gave it to Potrykus just to piss off MU fans. or watch...Don Walker. :mad:

TedBaxter
09-08-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't read the Journal-Sentinel anymore, so it's non-newsworthy to me.

MUAlphaBangura
09-09-2012, 09:14 AM
I don't read the Journal-Sentinel anymore, so it's non-newsworthy to me.

The info the J-S provides doesn't really matter to the MU die-hards like us. But it can be a valuable tool to relay info to the more casual fan, who may become a follower of the program. It would be great to have a beat writer show some enthusiasm for the program and create some positive exposure.

Nukem2
09-09-2012, 10:12 AM
The info the J-S provides doesn't really matter to the MU die-hards like us. But it can be a valuable tool to relay info to the more casual fan, who may become a follower of the program. It would be great to have a beat writer show some enthusiasm for the program and create some positive exposure.
Agree with that.

Goose85
09-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Have IWB write the stories for J/S.

warriorfan4life
09-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Have IWB write the stories for J/S.

This would work.

Gato78
09-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Have IWB do News and Notes type of coverage and be the beat writer and have Rosiak do game day reporting.

IWB
09-09-2012, 09:15 PM
I was told that Enlund retired.

The JS won't likely assign someone to replace him until the need is there (need as in media day).

I know MU fans weren't thrilled with Tom, but he is a really good guy and is a good writer, just not into the social media aspect that everyone came to expect with Rosiak.

Phantom Warrior
09-09-2012, 11:30 PM
He may be a good guy, and he may be a good writer. But as far as I'm concerned he was a lousy reporter, at least in terms of covering MU. At the very least, this summer alone there should have been an article on Steve Taylor, one on Jamal Ferguson, and one on Trent Lockett. There should also have been one article on the pro-am league.

Maybe it's not his fault. Maybe he wanted to do articles this summer, but the higher-ups wouldn't let him. But I'm tired of bitching about his lack of reporting, and I'm tired of bitching about the J/S. Enlund's gone. I won't miss him one bit.

TedBaxter
09-10-2012, 02:07 AM
The newspaper industry is dieing. The internet has taken over and the Journal-Sentinel, like other newspapers around the country, will be lucky to make it. IWB knows it more than anyone here. They've had to make cuts and Marquette basketball isn't the highest priority for them to cover with their reduced staff, so don't expect much. The Packers, Brewers, Badgers, Bucks and prep coverage are more important in the pecking order than Marquette for coverage and that's the reality.