PDA

View Full Version : Schedule release and should I auction off my Badgers tickets for a good cause?

farmerdoc
08-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Anyone have an idea on when the Big East portion of the schedule is supposed to be released?

Thanks in advance!

Also, Need some advice.

My kids school is having a fundraiser for the HS athletics program (more specifically the BB program).

I have offered my seats to a MU game as an auction item. I KNOW that there are some big badger backers who are willing to pony up big money for these tickets. Should I give up the badger game, or stick to my guns and give up a less desireable game?

Thoughts please!

Goose85
08-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Less desireable game. MU fans need to be in the house and make it a home court advantage.
Way too much red in what is normally season ticket holder seats.

farmerdoc
08-29-2012, 09:26 AM
That's my initial thought as well, but I think I could get better than double the valuse for 4 seats, especially if a bidding war ensues. The school is trying to buy new uniforms for the varsity squad this year.

Our school is very small and runs on a shoestring budget BTW.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
08-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Less desirable game. Don't make it a cupcake, but there will be plenty of worthwhile Big East games, even the LSU game would be a better shout. Just hate the idea of Marquette fans turning their seats red. Or if a bidding war ensues, make sure that you are the one who wins the war.

MUAlphaBangura
08-29-2012, 12:32 PM
If they sit in front of me- donate the tickets. I'll wreck those guys!

farmerdoc
08-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Now that's funny! The Fightin' 218 up for a little action for that game?

TheSultan
08-29-2012, 04:16 PM
That's my initial thought as well, but I think I could get better than double the valuse for 4 seats, especially if a bidding war ensues. The school is trying to buy new uniforms for the varsity squad this year.

Our school is very small and runs on a shoestring budget BTW.

Donate the lesser game. Give cash to make up the difference.

MUUWUWM
08-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Gave up the UW game once for an auction in Madison for a young mother battling cancer for the 4th time.

Most at the auction and the young lady were badger fans.

I had 4 tickets and gave 2 to the auction and the other 2 for her and son to attend the game.

I believe the tickets sold for almost $500.00.

Her son likes MU now.

Unfortunately she didn't make it the 4th time.

Gave me a really good feeling to know I did something for a cause that was worthwhile.

ziggysfryboy
08-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Donate a Big East game and make up the difference you think with another donation. Or donate the UW game and outbid everyone yourself!

says the guy who donated his MU vs. Southwestern Half of Eastern Arkansas Institute of Mines and Theater State (over the weekend after Christmas) tickets to an auction for his kids' school. :cool:

MUMac
08-29-2012, 09:16 PM
says the guy who donated his MU vs. Southwestern Half of Eastern Arkansas Institute of Mines and Theater State (over the weekend after Christmas) tickets to an auction for his kids' school. :cool:

He needed the tax write-off. Zigg's, did you buy them? I can't think of someone else from SMG who would buy them.

IWB
08-30-2012, 07:31 AM
MU vs. Southwestern Half of Eastern Arkansas Institute of Mines and Theater State

Actually laughing out loud.