PDA

View Full Version : CBS on dirtiest recruitments

milkbone
08-22-2012, 08:19 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/19865011/critical-coaches-which-player-had-the-dirtiest-recruitment

IWB
08-23-2012, 08:17 AM
On top of this the NCAA's investigation of the Nerlens Noel recruitment is really heating up (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8293924/ncaa-expands-investigation-nerlens-noel-recruiting). They are still looking into who financed the recruiting visits he took. I am pretty confidant that there are other reasons to look into this, but the airline info is probably the easiest to prove. Could this be the one that does in Cal at UK?

MUfan12
08-23-2012, 08:23 AM
"None of these hold a candle to Branden Dawson." -B1G fan

IWB
08-23-2012, 08:32 AM
"None of these hold a candle to Branden Dawson." -B1G fan

Who went to Michigan State, so that Big 10 fan is suggesting MSU is dirty?

Goose85
08-23-2012, 08:42 AM

Who knows, never really heard of Izzo being a cheater. Sounds like a Badger fan comment. Indiana (TC) and Michigan State (Izzo) must be dirty, how else could they beat Bo?

IWB
08-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Goo - I know where it came from, just joking. Funny story, I know I have said this before, but its a classic. Right when those accusations came out, I happened to be watching a workout. Someone sitting next to me made a comment, here is the conversation that ensued....

IA: "So, what's the latest word on the street."

IWB: "Funny, some are saying that MU pays for players."

IA: "Really? Watch this...."

He is silent, and as the players are going up and down court, I am looking around the gym trying to figure out what it is I am supposed to be looking for.

IA: "You see that?"

IWB: "What?"

IA: "That." pointing to the players..... "What out there is worth paying for?"

I couldn't stop laughing.

IA: "Don't laugh, I'm not kidding."

MUfan12
08-23-2012, 09:16 AM

That was my favorite example of B1G fan mentality. When MU was in a good position, MSU/UW/Purdue fans all cry "dirty recruitment." Then he goes to MSU and everything is on the up and up.

Like Izzo, but their fans make it hard to root for them.

warriorfan4life
08-23-2012, 09:21 AM
I have nothing concrete, but Izzo is one I sort of my suspicions about being secretly crooked.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
08-23-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't see them catching Cal, and I only say that because I don't think they want to catch Cal. Think about it, with all of those previous things that happened it was always the school that took the hit and not Cal, you'd think the writing would be on the wall by now...

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
08-23-2012, 12:03 PM
I have nothing concrete, but Izzo is one I sort of my suspicions about being secretly crooked.

+1

MSU fans said that Dawson was a dirty recruitment right up until he picked MSU. And about a year ago, a Chicago HS coach called the Score and IDed Izzo by name in a segment about the dirtiest guys recruiting Chicago, though they dumped his call as soon as he said the name.