PDA

View Full Version : Empty seats

MayorBeluga
02-15-2012, 06:12 PM
3 Big East games on right now. Nove at USF. Empty arena. DePaul at UConn. Lots of empty seats in their on campus arena. Rutgers at Notre Dame. Upper sections empty. OK, South Florida is no surprise but UConn is still the defending champ and ND is now ranked. Amazing to se the small crowds. Our attendance continues to amaze.

Hamostradamus
02-15-2012, 07:20 PM
It seems like there was an article last year somewhere that said despite UConn's success, they had lousy attendance. Not sure what is up with Notre Dame. They are a bubble team on a hot streak. What the hell else is there to do in South Bend, IN in February?

MayorBeluga
02-15-2012, 08:17 PM
And a half empty student section at Cincy as they host Providence completes the foursome (heh) of poorly attended games.

Goose85
02-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Duke's students aren't showing up for games this year either.

Has college life really changed that much where sitting in your dorm room playing Call of Duty or Madden 12 really better than going to you school's basketball game. Ok, at UW Stevens Point I get it, but at a Big East school or at a school where your basketball team is ranked?

You get 4 years to do this stuff as a student, and most schools make student tickets very affordable. I just don't get it.

MU's attendance, for the size school we are, is top notch (although I too would like more students to come out and have fun).

IWB
02-16-2012, 08:37 AM
You get 4 years to do this stuff as a student.

Perfect quote - reminds me of a line from a friend of mine who is a farmer. After college, he went down to work in the Florida Keys for 8 months. Wanted to get out and do some things before he settled in at the farm. 15 years later I was hunting on his land, and I walk over as he was taking a bale of hay out of his truck for the cattle. Out of nowhere he said, "Can you believe there were nights I was living in the Florida Keys where I said I was too tired to go out?" He then threw the bale of hay on the ground, and shaking his head, got back in his truck and drove away.

No kidding Goo, you only get one shot.

Tmreddevil
02-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Perfect quote - reminds me of a line from a friend of mine who is a farmer. After college, he went down to work in the Florida Keys for 8 months. Wanted to get out and do some things before he settled in at the farm. 15 years later I was hunting on his land, and I walk over as he was taking a bale of hay out of his truck for the cattle. Out of nowhere he said, "Can you believe there were nights I was living in the Florida Keys where I said I was too tired to go out?" He then threw the bale of hay on the ground, and shaking his head, got back in his truck and drove away.

No kidding Goo, you only get one shot.

Youth is wasted on the young my family always told me. In some ways I think they were right, in other ways I think time erases just how busy you "feel" at that age. That being said, I still went to most games.

Boards are picking up nicely here Jim - good luck with launch.