PDA

View Full Version : Sycracuse lands Tyler Ennis

IWB
08-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Syracuse lands 5 star PG Tyler Ennis (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/recruiting/blog/eye-on-college-basketball-recruiting/19810061/syracuse-lands-top-five-point-guard-tyler-ennis). Ennis picked 'Cuse over Memphis, UCLA, Louisville and Illinois. Pretty odd mix of schools.

kneelb4zerg
08-17-2012, 10:57 AM
I guess it was always his dream to finish 3rd in the ACC.

CaribouJim
08-17-2012, 11:18 AM
I guess it was always his dream to finish 3rd in the ACC.

That poses an interesting question - although we are all pissed at SU for bolting is it better for SU to win the the ACC regular season title right of the bat so it reflects better on the BE and then after a few years let the program decline - kind of like BC in football - so they have kind of a buyer's remorse. Don't want the snobby ACC saying "see, these guys rolled through the BE, year after year and can't do squat in the ACC".

Goose85
08-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Caribou - tough question.

I would like to see Syracuse do very well in the first two years. Same with West Virginia in the Big 12. While cheering for the Judas teams to do well will be tough, I think it gives credibility to the Big East.

After that point I will likely cheer for them to lose, be sub par, and have buyers remorse as the Big East gets a great tv deal and continues the great hoops tradition and improves the football footprint.

BLT
08-17-2012, 01:52 PM
I hope all four (TCU) get their fannies kicked in football right off the bat as this is what caused the exodus.

Goose85
08-17-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't think you have to worry about Syracuse football doing much, Pitt too. West Virginia is going to be good this year. Let them have a good year and even challenge for one of the top spots, and then slowly drift into becoming average to below average in that conference and have a few years when they are not even bowl elligible.

TheSultan
08-17-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with you Goose. West Virginia has been a good program for awhile, and very well could be at that "next level" in that conference along with Oklahoma State and TCU...just a notch below Texas and Oklahoma. It has a much better tradition and history than Kansas, KSU, Iowa State, Baylor and Texas Tech.

And Dana Halgorsen, despite being a world class douche, is a pretty good coach.

Goose85
08-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Sultan - I wasn't suggesting they would decline, I was more indicating what I hoped would happen.
You are right, they have been a top level program for awhile.

MUMac
08-17-2012, 10:22 PM
I believe in Chryst and think he will turn Pitt around. He was a good hire. Unfortunately, though, I will be pulling against him due to the Judas Iscariot leadership at Pitt.