PDA

View Full Version : Bucks and Nets

mufan2003
05-03-2021, 10:52 AM
Giannis put up a great stat line (49pts, 8rebs, 4assts, 3 blks)......but the best part of his game, to me, was the different spots on the floor he was getting the ball and operating from. Low block, wide post, free throw line. He had some nice post moves and some nice mid-range makes, even a few fade-away shots in the lane and on the baseline. That is the key, move him all around and don't allow defenses to create a wall, which happens when he comes off a ball-screen at the top of the key and just goes downhill.

No Bobby Portis, and outside Bryn Forbes, it was basically the Big 3 (Giannis, Holiday and Middleton) yesterday. An entertaining game, and Kevin Durant is just an unbelievable offensive player. Only a couple games out of the #1 seed, Bucks should still go for it, despite disappointing losses the last two seasons as the #1 seed.

Goose85
05-03-2021, 03:07 PM
Giannis put up a great stat line (49pts, 8rebs, 4assts, 3 blks)......but the best part of his game, to me, was the different spots on the floor he was getting the ball and operating from. Low block, wide post, free throw line. He had some nice post moves and some nice mid-range makes, even a few fade-away shots in the lane and on the baseline. That is the key, move him all around and don't allow defenses to create a wall, which happens when he comes off a ball-screen at the top of the key and just goes downhill.

No Bobby Portis, and outside Bryn Forbes, it was basically the Big 3 (Giannis, Holiday and Middleton) yesterday. An entertaining game, and Kevin Durant is just an unbelievable offensive player. Only a couple games out of the #1 seed, Bucks should still go for it, despite disappointing losses the last two seasons as the #1 seed.

I was not able to see the game, but I am happy that you report that Giannis was operating from different spots on the floor, and not just taking the ball up and going 1 on 1. I think that will be a key to how far we go in the playoffs this year.

mufan2003
05-03-2021, 06:52 PM
I missed it live Goose, but watched it Sunday evening. Glad I did. I liked this quote from Giannis in the Athletic:

“As I said, I’ve been working on my jump shot my whole life and I know eventually one day it’s all going to click,” Antetokounmpo said. “I’ve said in previous interviews, basketball is like art. Every day, you have the opportunity to create the art and once you’re done with that, you put it in your garage or wherever you want to put it and move on, away from that. Tonight, that picture that I created, that’s who I want to be moving forward. It doesn’t matter the points I score, 49 points, it does not matter. I don’t care about that. What I care about is how I was getting to my spots, how I slowed down, how I was able to find my teammates, how I was able to miss one, miss a second one, miss a third one and still be able to come down and shoot another one. So, looking at this picture, this is who I want to be moving forward and this is who I believe I can be, but the game is over with.”

Goose85
05-04-2021, 11:34 AM
I hope Giannis and our offense continues to evolve with Giannis getting it in different spots. I too like that quote.

Bucks get another shot at the Nets tonight. Will be interesting.