PDA

View Full Version : Non Conference

Goose85
08-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Looks like one of the better non conference slates we have had in awhile. Unfortunately for season ticket holders, only Wisconsin and LSU are at home. If we get off to a good start, this non conference slate should really help our RPI.

Ok, a very challenging non conference slate featuring Ohio State, Florida, Butler, UNC?, Wisconsin, LSU, @ Green Bay, 3rd Maui game, etc.

Considering we are replacing two senior stars from last year's team, what would be considered a successful non conference record this year?

I'd say we have to beat all of our non BCS opponents.

If we then get UNC in the Maui, how many of the following do we need to win (UNC, Ohio State, Florida, Wisconsin, LSU, 3rd Maui game - assume win over Butler)? Is 2-4 or 3-3 ok, or do we need to go 4-2?

Nukem2
08-14-2012, 01:34 PM
The NC schedule could be too much for in team in flux....? DJO and Jae gone and thats a ton to make up for. 3 point shooting is a real question mark. 3 of our 5 frontcourt guys are coming off injury/surgery with the 4th being a frosh. The coaching staff has turned over with the departures of Tony and Aki. Getting OSU out of the gate followed quickly by Maui and then Florida gives no time to gel quickly as a team. Will be very interesting to see how this NC season plays out. We may wish that Broeker came up with an easier NC schedule.... Is it November yet....:)

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
08-14-2012, 02:17 PM
I'd say 3-3 is fair... I don't think this team will be as 'influx' as many think. I actually think we will be better than last year. That being said I think we can easily beat LSU (payback), we will win close against Butler, I also think this is a good year to catch Wisconsin again too. That being said I don't think we have no chance against UNC, Florida, and Ohio State either so 4-2 would be very possible just not likely. If they somehow manage 4-2 in that stretch I think that's a huge success.