PDA

View Full Version : Pro Am appreciation thread

MUBasketball
08-06-2012, 01:18 AM
As another season of the Pro Am wrapped up today, just wanted to thank Jim for his hard work putting it all together. I'm sure I speak for the other diehards that attend that we appreciate all the efforts. You look stressed most of the time so I'm sure there are constant headaches involved, but it's always enjoyable.

I'm actually kinda bummed realizing I have to wait about 2 months before I get to see hoops again. But, the end of Pro Am is bittersweet as the upcoming season finally appears to be within sight.

Thanks again!

Goose85
08-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Great job IWB!

BLT
08-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Thanks Jim and crew. Great to have some Summer Basketball Jones. Junior's 72 point game will not be forgotten.

IWB
08-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks guys - MU - you should have stopped me to talk - never too busy to talk to anyone during the Pro-Am. Stressed? Yeah, usually. Always stressing about players not being there on time, will enough show up for each team.... Once the games are underway I am fine.

No question, the Pro-Am is a hell of a lot of work. I have fun doing it, as does my family, hope everyone likes what we turn out.

Always looking to improve, so any suggestions will always be listened to and considered!

JohnnyRev
08-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Though I've been out of town after the first week, I love the pro-am and tried to follow it from afar. Jim, I really appreciated not only all you do for it, but also all your wife and family and other posters do in running the games. They are a wonderful oasis in the summer basketball desert. God bless, Johnny Rev