PDA

View Full Version : Looney

Goose85
02-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Man is Kevon Looney on a run right now. Had 31 last night including one 3 and was 12 for 13 at the line according to the paper. Granted they had an easy win, but it just seems like he has become a scoring machine of late.

Questions for Mark / IWB:
I haven't seen Looney up close. Wissports.net has Looney at 6'7", is that likely accurate? Does he look like he might grow more?
Does he have an outside game? Is he the type switchable that Buzz has made so successfull?

Looney and Diamond Stone are two I really hope decide to play their college ball at MU.

IWB
02-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Mark has probably seen him more than I have, but the kid is 6'6-6'7, so that is accurate. He might grow more, but either way, he will fill out and that is the key. I think the biggest question for him is where will he play? 2G? SF? PF? The kid has the skills to develop into any one of those spots, so "switchable" is a good term, the question there is where will his coaches develop him? You have guys that are SFs, but are tall so forced to play the post, and never develop the skills to play the SF. Not saying this will happen with Looney, but if he wants to play SG at the next level, that has to be stressed and trained for at this point, not in two years.

Mark, would Jamil Wilson with a better ball handling skills and range be accurate? That is where I am leaning. Jamil is a different type of player though, just that the similar framework is there.

Goose85
02-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Jamil with better ball handling skills - wow.

IWB
02-15-2012, 10:15 AM
I am not saying Jamil now, but Jamil at that stage in the game back at Horlick.