PDA

View Full Version : Linsanity!

Hamostradamus
02-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Drains a 3 at the buzzer for the win. But Novak left on the bench for the final possession. As I tweeted, "Leaving @stevenokak20 on the bench 4 last shot is like dating a supermodel waiting until marriage. All that fruit just rotting on the vine."

Goose85
02-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Lin-sanity has been great for Novak and should continue.

Lin has made the Knicks relevant. A sellout of 20,000 in Toronto on a Tuesday night (had averaged 16,000) and I'm sure the Lin Knicks road show will be a real bonus to many a NBA team like the Bucks who are looking for reasons to sell tickets.

Hey Carmelo - are you ok playing 2nd or 3rd fiddle when you come back (that will be interesting)? This is Lin's team for now (who knows how long). Amare seemed to work well with Lin running the show. Team seems to be having fun with Lin. Take your time coming back Carmelo - things are going ok right now.

This Lin kid even has me following the NBA right now (helps that he is on a team with Novak).

Gato78
02-16-2012, 09:10 AM
And D'Antoni was this close to being the former coach of the Knicks when Linsanity started.

Goose85
02-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Ok, what happens to Linsanity once Carmelo comes back (Mr. I need to get my shots in every game, win or lose) and with the new addition of JR Smith. Seems Knicks chemistry right now is great, and we all like Novak getting his time. Will those two disrupt the whole thing or keep it rolling?

Hopefully Steve, with the new signing of JR Smith, still gets similar minutes.

Brewtown Andy
02-22-2012, 07:34 AM
I can't believe this thread exists without a discussion of Novak's Discount Double Check.

http://www.anonymouseagle.com/2012/2/19/2810300/novak-mania-is-running-wild

Hamostradamus
02-22-2012, 07:48 AM
That is awesome. How often does a guy like Novak get to do that and look cool?