PDA

View Full Version : Top College Coaches under 40 - all sports

IWB
07-31-2012, 11:06 AM
here is my conspiracy theory for the day.....

Here is the list of top college coaches under 40 regardless of sport, from Athlon Sports.... (http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/top-college-coaches-under-40?utm_source=bleacher&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=traffic)

1) Brad Stevens, 35 - Butler - Basketball
2) Shaka Smart, 35 - VCU - Basketball
3) Pat Fitzgerald, 37 - Northwestern - Football
4) Lane Kiffin, 37 - USC - Football
5) Kevin Williard, 37 - Seton Hall - Basketball
6) Steve Prohm, 38 - Murray State - Basketball
7) Steve Sarkisian, 37 - Washington - Football
8) Willie Taggart, 38 - Western Kentucky - Football
9) Josh Pastner, 34 - Memphis - Basketball
10) Fred Hoiberg, 39 - Iowa State - Basketball.

So... Hoiberg, Pastner, Prohm, Williard & Smart, but no Buzz? This is actually funny. The story actually says, "For the sake of clarity and consistency, we are listing all ages as of Sept. 1st 2012."

So why Sept 1, 2012? Why not today? Why 32 days from now? Well - on Sept 1 Buzz turns 40, thus becoming ineligible for this list. Not to look into things to much, but why would they not take August 1st, instead take a date a month from now and go Sept 1st? Odd.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
07-31-2012, 11:53 AM
I also find it hard to believe that Men's Basketball and Football are the only two sports with top-10 level coaches under 40. After reading that article on the top-30 basketball coaches, I'm convinced that Athlon Sports is trying to become more and more like Bleacher Report.

Markedman
07-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Athlons has always been a shitty publication. I remember buying it to get my fix but it's information was often wrong or out of date.