PDA

View Full Version : Seth Davis says.....

IWB
02-14-2012, 12:20 PM
From CBS' Rapid Reports.....

"Feb. 14, 2012 12:02 p.m. - by Mike Singer - If the Golden Eagles' season ended now ...
By winning nine of their last 10 games, the Golden Eagles (21-5, 10-3 Big East) have put themselves in prime position for a double-bye in the conference tournament and ultimately a deep postseason run. Numerous brackets see the Eagles as a No. 3 seed as of Tuesday. “I honestly don’t believe anyone outside Milwaukee realizes how good a of a job Buzz Williams is doing at Marquette,” Sports Illustrated’s Seth Davis wrote on Monday."

TedBaxter
02-14-2012, 02:14 PM
It's very impressive what he has done with not one player currently active who has been in the program for more than three years and when you lose your only two big men to injuries, it's even more impressive.

IWB
02-14-2012, 02:19 PM
And in the same breath, Jeff Goodman releases his picks for the Coach of the Year and Buzz is not on it. The guy loses his only two "post players", and is 21-5 and in second place in the Big East, and that isn't good enough for him to be on the list? If I didn't know better, I would think that Goodman left him off because Buzz wants to stay under the radar.

Mark Miller
02-14-2012, 02:22 PM
The thing I enjoy most about watching Buzz Williams-coached teams is the toughness and grit they compete with night-in and night-out. They may not win every game, but they give themselves a chance to most nights because of their will to win.

Hamostradamus
02-14-2012, 02:44 PM
The fact that he has so much success after adversity is his hallmark. I think if everyone were healthy, Buzz would kneecap someone just to make sure we keep our edge. :D