PDA

View Full Version : Top CBB Coach rankings...

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-30-2012, 06:05 PM
http://m.athlonsports.com/college-basketball/ranking-nations-top-college-basketball-coaches

Thoughts? I think Buzz could move up a bit, but can't argue too much till he has done it for longer

Markedman
07-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Very generous ranking when you look who is behind him. Obviously they think the best is yet to come.....hope they are right.

mufan2003
07-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Initial thoughts:

(1) Wow, Buzz is ahead of Jim Calhoun (3 national championships)

(2) Tom Izzo is #1, ahead of Mike Krzyzewski??? (4 national championships and respected enough to be a staffer or head coach on every Olympic national team since 1979) I am not a Duke fan but Coach K has to be #1.

*This list would have more merit if it was broken down into tiers, based on years served as a head coach.

TheSultan
07-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Honestly, I find this an odd list. I have no idea how Buzz can be ranked ahead of the likes of Calhoun....but behind Mike Montgomery???

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Agreed on Montgomery... Also Calhoun should be higher... Buzz needs a FF or NC to move up...

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
07-30-2012, 10:53 PM
I'd be curious to know the criteria. How is Bo Ryan a top-10 coach without a single Final Four, ahead of guys like Matta and Huggins? And how on earth is Shaka Smart, with 2 NCAA appearances and less than 100 wins, none in a high-major conference ranked 12th? Nice to see an arbitrary ranking put Buzz in the top-20, but this strikes me as one of those "for-fun" types of lists that has about as much merit as something on Bleacher Report.