PDA

View Full Version : MU in the NBA...

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Marquette has gotta be climbing up the rankings when it comes to schools with players drafted, we have quite a few guys in the league now with DWade, Wes Matthews, Lazar, Jimmy, Steve Novak, and now DJO and Jae. Obviously most people probably haven't heard of Jimmy or Lazar yet, but I think Jimmy will get his chance this year. This is quite remarkable that we have 7 guys in the league this year... 4 of which were recruited by Buzz and 5 which were coached by him... Those are pretty cool numbers

Markedman
07-24-2012, 01:52 PM
DJO isn't sure of being in the league just yet. He had a rough summer league and was a late 2nd rounder. Could easily be cut.

Lazar has one more year to prove himself or be replaced by a younger player with more upside. Hopefully he gets a chance and does well but it won't be easy to get playing time in OKC.

On the other hand Buycks should be in somebody's camp and could steal a spot. He played well this summer.

IWB
07-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Could make a case fro Travis Diener too as he turned down a couple of offers for his sweet gig in Italy.

CaribouJim
07-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Could make a case fro Travis Diener too as he turned down a couple of offers for his sweet gig in Italy.

What is TD's story anyway - is he back in the states or is he hanging out in Italy for the summer. Do we assume that his NBA days are over? Is he totally healthy now?

Too bad he did get that foot (toe?) injury - he was just getting some decent minutes w/ the Pacers - Larry Bird was raving about him - even his defense - and I remember him dissecting the Bulls in a game and the Bulls announcers giving him major props.

In any event, I am sure he is grateful for the gig he has now - pretty sweet if you ask me.

BTW, have I ever mentioned that I think his wife is easy on the eyes?

IWB
07-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Sorry for the delay - I am in Iowa and have had limited access until now.

I think his days in the NBA are over, but that may be by choice. When he originally left for Italy two seasons ago, he had 2-3 NBA offers on the table, but all were to be a 3rd PG. He wants to play. The opportunity in Italy was a great one. First, they took his best friend/cousin/brother Drake too. So, He and Drake star for the same team. Also, you mention that his wife is easy on the eyes. Indeed she is, and Italian through and through. If I remember correctly, her grandparents were from Italy, and she has family either where they play or close to where the play.

Injury wise there are still minor issues, things that nag him, but none too serious. He doesn't play competitively much at all during the summer, just takes it easy and does his workouts. I believe he is in Fondy, but not positive.

Travis and Rose are now proud parents of a baby girl who I understand is already being stalked by the Grimm boy, as they are only weeks apart in age.