PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on new K Nunn offer - Ohio St?

dw3dw3dw3
07-23-2012, 09:41 PM
He just got offered by Ohio St. per twitter, seemed like he was waiting for Kentucky, but I'm worried Ohio St. is sexy enough to make his eyes wander from MU.

We've seen a bunch of new 2013 interest, wondering if those offers are conditional on Nunn or if they are a sign that the staff isn't comfortable waiting around.

TheSultan
07-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Well, if Nunn doesn't want to come here because he wants something more "sexy," then what can you do? We already have a great class coming in next year...with two guys who seem to be jumping up the ratings as their high school careers end. We have numerous offers out to quality players, and I am sure we will get one if Nunn doesn't commit. He doesn't make or break this class.

Nukem2
07-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Love to have him, but he's not a make or break guy.

The Reptile
07-24-2012, 10:03 AM
To be an elite program at some point we're going to have to beat out the elites for elite talent. So, if Ohio State is getting into the mix I'm fine with that. Buzz has proven that he can make NBA players out of talented but unheralded players. If players don't recognize this then it is either on Buzz for not communicating it properly (his fault & doubtful) or on the player for not seeing the truth that Marquette players are seen as a good investment by the NBA.

As for Ohio State itself, sure they're a great squad and have produced NBA players. However, if style of play truly matters then why go there? The b10 continues to play grind it out basketball even with the quality of coaching that they have and the improvement in teams that were down in the recent past.

Goose85
07-24-2012, 10:08 AM
I would think with the class coming in, Nunn or a player at his position, would be a great fit in an exciting incoming class.

Highly ranked point guard in Wilson, highly ranked small forward in Burton, highly touted juco power forward in McKay.

Taylor has chosen not to come to MU and Vander will be a senior so plenty of playing time to be had with that really exciting frosh class.

Sounds like MU and others might be more of a fall back for Nunn while he hopes the Kentuckys of the world decide to offer or he finds out where Parker is going. I'm sure Buzz would take someone else if the situation presented itself (top level player wants to commit) instead of waiting for Nunn to decide.

TheSultan
07-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Do people think that Duane Wilson can play off the ball? For instance, if he comes in here next year and Buzz wants to have Derrick Wilson run the point, can Duane Wilson provide some offensive spark without having the ball in his hands?

Markedman
07-24-2012, 10:22 AM
I have little doubt that he can. He has been mostly a scorer in AAU.

Do people think that Duane Wilson can play off the ball? For instance, if he comes in here next year and Buzz wants to have Derrick Wilson run the point, can Duane Wilson provide some offensive spark without having the ball in his hands?

MUAlphaBangura
07-24-2012, 12:13 PM

The question I always had with Duane was- is he a point guard? I have no question he could play the two. He certainly has been working hard to develop into a topnotch point man.

Markedman
07-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Hoop Dreams Mag ‏@HoopDreamsmag JULY 20
I love what I'm seeing from point guard Duane Wilson Jr for Playground. Kid knows how to run a team