PDA

View Full Version : Potrykus Article on TJ Taylor

Nukem2
07-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Love today's J-S print article on TJ Taylor written by none other than Bo Ryan stooge/apologist Jeff Potrykus ( guessing that Tom Enlund is (still) on "vacation". What the heck do Newbill and Durely have to do with TJ? And, the nerds at Badger Nation call this another "Buzz cut"...:p

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/mu-recruit-taylor-makes-quick-exit-ju663a7-162979126.html

Goose85
07-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Incredibly bad article when taken in the context that it was written by someone that posts on the badger message boards. The information in the article looks like he got his information from the message boards on which he posts.

I'd bet almost any amount of money that Potrykus never called Buzz for comments or information about the story.

MUUWUWM
07-19-2012, 09:29 AM
The story states that Potrykus called Buzz. Buzz hasn't returned the call.

Nukem2
07-19-2012, 09:36 AM
The story states that Potrykus called Buzz. Buzz hasn't returned the call.Buzz probably won't return that call...:p

warriorfan4life
07-19-2012, 09:37 AM
The story states that Potrykus called Buzz. Buzz hasn't returned the call.

I would be as anxious to take a call from that biased hack as I would a call from a crazy-ex.

BLT
07-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Why do you guys read that rag? I find it funny that if a Steve Taylor (#1 senior in Illinois) or Duane Wilson (top local kid) commit, weeks pass before any blurb. However, when Durley or TJ decide on a different place as a better fit, it is up right away. I am shocked they didn't have an expose when BE Volleyball Freshman of the Year Chelsea Heier decided to transfer closer to home to Santa Clara.

WTMJ media is tied to the Badgers. ESPN is on a witch hunt to maim the BE. These are media outlets with agendas. Don't buy.

Markedman
07-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Not sure why he would write an article(other then to help out Bo) but as far as the article goes it seems pretty accurate to me.

I must have missed the Endlund article on the Uthoff transfer.......

Djgoldnboy
07-19-2012, 11:55 AM
I find it funny that if a Steve Taylor (#1 senior in Illinois) or Duane Wilson (top local kid) commit, weeks pass before any blurb. However, when Durley or TJ decide on a different place as a better fit, it is up right away.

We have a winner. It's so biased it would be funny if it wasn't true. Oh well, haven't been on the Urinal Sentinel in a long, long time.

mufansince72
07-19-2012, 12:24 PM
I don't like Potrykus as I think he is a hack. With that said, I did not see anything in that story that was not accurate.

Nukem2
07-19-2012, 12:32 PM
I don't like Potrykus as I think he is a hack. With that said, I did not see anything in that story that was not accurate.No one said it was not accurate, simply Potrykus went out of his way to backstab MU. Had Enlund written the article ( good luck on that ), there would have been no unneccesary references to Newbill and Durley, whose situations were far different than TJ's decision to move on. Just unusual to have a beat writer for UW to do the article, especially a guy who has gone out of his way to "protect" UW and Bo in the Uthoff situation and who also makes anti-MU posts over at BadgerNation.com
:confused:

kneelb4zerg
07-19-2012, 12:40 PM
http://mobile.anonymouseagle.com/2012/7/19/3169624/today-in-bias-or-when-fans-report

Don't always agree with Rubie, but nice job with this.

TedBaxter
07-19-2012, 12:45 PM
That was a crappy article (Anonymous Eagles') and reminds me why I don't bother to read it.

Goose85
07-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Almost sounded like Weimer was taking the MU side of things for a change. Don't go the that site often, but when I have it seems he and Walsh do nothing but rip Buzz and IWB, so I really don't have much use for that site.

kneelb4zerg
07-19-2012, 01:15 PM
That was a crappy article (Anonymous Eagles') and reminds me why I don't bother to read it.

To be clear, I don't agree with his asides re Durley/Newbill, but thought the rest of the article was perfect.

warriorfan4life
07-19-2012, 01:20 PM
To be clear, I don't agree with his asides re Durley/Newbill, but thought the rest of the article was perfect.

If Rubie is siding with Buzz, you know the reason that Taylor is leaving MU is not on Buzz and the program. If there is room at UNT with Benford, that sounds like best scenario for him. Long term I hope T.J. gets his issues settled, as he has the talent to play the game professionally/

IWB
07-19-2012, 02:06 PM
If Rubie is siding with Buzz, you know the reason that Taylor is leaving MU is not on Buzz and the program.

He would have no idea what the reason is.

warriorfan4life
07-19-2012, 02:09 PM
He would have no idea what the reason is.

Put it this way, if the speculation was anything on Buzz, he would run and hide with it and write thousands of words of how Buzz and Marquette and by extension the NCAA were evil.