PDA

View Full Version : Bucks vs Pistons

mufan2003
04-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Thought I would start this thread to discuss the matchup as the series plays out. Bucks have injuries, but Blake Griffin also has a knee issue. First game Sunday night at 6pm. One benefit, the travel is light in only having to go to Detroit. Hopefully the Bucks can take care of the Pistons in 4 or 5 games.

https://www.nba.com/playoffs/2019/first-round-schedule

https://www.nba.com/playoffs/2019/eastseries1/preview

Goose85
04-11-2019, 11:22 AM
Sunday then Wednesday. The first rounds of the playoffs have large gaps between games, which should give more time for the injured Bucks to heal up. Also allows for more minutes per game too.

I really hope we can get a sweep or close to it, while the other series goes to 7 giving our injured players a chance to be ready for round 2.

mufan2003
04-11-2019, 04:53 PM
Sunday then Wednesday. The first rounds of the playoffs have large gaps between games, which should give more time for the injured Bucks to heal up. Also allows for more minutes per game too.

I really hope we can get a sweep or close to it, while the other series goes to 7 giving our injured players a chance to be ready for round 2.

To that point, would love to see Boston go 7 games with Indiana. Boston had a bit of an underwhelming regular season, but I expect them to be a very tough out in the playoffs.

MUfan12
04-12-2019, 09:49 AM
Indy will beat them up for however long that series goes.

I think Bucks in 5. They've been a little more prone to the off shooting night with Snell/Niko/Brogdon out, so DET stealing one isn't out of the question.

MU/Panther
04-12-2019, 02:16 PM
I'm really happy that Game 1 is Sunday night. I'm going to a SOLD OUT, UWM Panther Arena for the Admirals game on Saturday night. More parking spots now. :o

mufan2003
04-15-2019, 10:18 AM
The Pistons looked awful in game 1. Getting Griffin back will help a bit, but I can see why they barely snuck in as the #8 seed. Looks like Toronto and Philly have tougher first round matchups.

Goose85
04-15-2019, 10:24 AM
The Pistons looked awful in game 1. Getting Griffin back will help a bit, but I can see why they barely snuck in as the #8 seed. Looks like Toronto and Philly have tougher first round matchups.

Sounds like Griffin's knee is not getting better, and he may miss the entire series. If he is out for this series, it should be an easy sweep for the Bucks.

mufan2003
04-15-2019, 10:28 AM
Sounds like Griffin's knee is not getting better, and he may miss the entire series. If he is out for this series, it should be an easy sweep for the Bucks.

If I am the Pistons, I don't play Griffin. Why risk any further injury when it is evident they are overmatched.