PDA

View Full Version : DJO and the Lakers

Goose85
07-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Article on ESPN LA regarding DJO and how he has a real good shot at being on the Lakers roster this season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/31942/lakers-keen-on-darius-johnson-odom%E2%80%99s-development

Hamostradamus
07-16-2012, 12:50 PM
He looks like a man on a mission. It's a good sign that the Lakers are talking about the key role of their second round draft pick, you don't see that too often.

Halo
07-16-2012, 12:58 PM
It sounded like he did pretty poor to me. The DJO I remember wasn't known for his defense. If that is all he is counting on in the NBA with his size, it may be tough for him to stick. I am sure he will bounce back on offense and show why he was drafted.

Markedman
07-16-2012, 01:50 PM
He played better on Saturday night but still didn't play that well. The problem that you have in these games is everybody is out there trying to impress and they don't really play as a team. Winning and losing is less important for the players then showcasing themselves.

Hard to look good in that kind of environment. Lot's of pressure to perform and leave an impression.

mufan2003
07-16-2012, 02:25 PM
I got to watch the Lakers play. The Lakers summmer league team has to be one of the worst playing in Vegas. 2 players, Goudelock and Darius Morris, both guards, are entering their second seasons in the NBA and are auditioning to stay on the roster. Each time one of those two got the ball, a shot was going up. At one point, Chris Webber (TV analyst) asked "has this guy made a shot?"

DJO, to his credit, took what the defense gave him. Hopefully he keeps that up. The GM and scouts know what DJO can do, best to not force things like some of the other players are doing to their detriment.

Markedman
07-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Jae not shooting well either in his first 2 games

http://www.nba.com/summer-league/games/20120716/DALTOR/gameinfo.html

ps. This what I'm talking about.....The Mavs have scored 29 baskets in this game but only 5 of them have been assisted. Thats just horrible.

Markedman
07-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Another bad game for DJO

5 points and 5 turnovers

boy is there team horrible.....http://www.nba.com/summer-league/games/20120716/LALMIA/gameinfo.html

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
07-18-2012, 06:44 AM
But DJO also tied for the team-lead in assists (admittedly 3 isn't much). I think DJO is doing fine from the reports I'm seeing. Granted, I haven't been watching, but if he's willing to play the team role, he has the physical ability to stick. On his team, only one guy had a positive A/T ratio, and that was Andrew Goudelock, who had 1 A and 1 TO.

Markedman
07-18-2012, 10:28 AM
If he is going to make the team he is going to have to knock down shots, play good defense and not turn the ball over. So far he has played decent D but has fallen short in the other 2 areas.

Now the advantage of being a draft pick is he will get more chances to prove he belongs but he needs to pick it up in the next few games and the exhibition season.

Halo
07-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Maybe Tom Crean needs to pay him a visit.