PDA

View Full Version : Illini Fans

Hamostradamus
02-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Apparently Buzz is so dumb, he pays for players that he doesn't even land: :rolleyes:

swoosh13

Posted: Today 9:47 PM
Re: Coaching Candidates for Next Season
Buzz Williams is a dirty coach, paid cash to Dawson's handlers. Can't see Illinois going down that road. Same goes for Scott Drew. Shaka Smart or Mack would be good candidates. Anthony Grant would be a good hire IMO and I think he would come since it doesn't really seem to be working out at Bama

IWB
02-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Unreal - It was the MSU fans that said Buzz was dirty in Dawson's recruitment, and that was why MU was the leader over MSU. Because, why would anyone ever want to go anywhere but MSU? Then the Illini fans pick up on it. Oh, but Dawson ended up signing with MSU - but I thought the recruitment was dirty? Did they get a conscience and turn down money and go to MSU? No - it was all BS from the get-go. MU was the leader because he liked Buzz and MU - in the end he selected MSU. No big deal, yet there are knuckleheads out there that still think Buzz paid for the kid that he did not get.

I just told this story the other day. I was in the gym to watch not long after that rumor first broke. A guy sat down next to me and the following conversation occurred....

M: "What's the word on the street?"

IWB: "There are these people out there saying Buzz is paying for players."

M: "Who said that?"

IWB: "Michigan State fans, mostly."

M: "Watch this....."

I am looking around for 2 minutes trying to figure out what I am supposed to be looking for. While I am looking, the guys go up and down court a couple of times.

M: "There, did you see that?" (Pointing at the court)

IWB: "Yeah?"

M: "You see anything out there worth paying for?"

That was a year ago, and I am still laughing at it. Bottom line, Buzz did not pay Brandon Dawson's handlers. That rumor was started by MSU fans that think there is no possible way anyone would select a school like Marquette over Michigan State. But they are right, no one would..... not Dominic James....not Chris Grimm..... ;)

Hamostradamus
02-14-2012, 08:29 AM
That's classic!

Goose85
02-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Are you talking The Tradition? Of course you must be cheating if you can convince a kid not to go to East Lansing for college. MSU has been a very good basketball program for a long time, but not so good as to be that arrogant about your program and Izzo.

They sure had to shut up once Dawson signed with MSU.