PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Jones

Goose85
06-29-2012, 11:54 AM
I recall when Jae Crowder won the Big East player of the year West Virginia fans flipped out as Kevin Jones wasn't given the top award.

Well the NBA draft came and went yesterday and Kevin Jones, who was in the crowd, did not hear his name called (which suprised me).

In total eight Big East players were selected, five in round 1 and three in round 2.

Syracuse - 3
MU - 2
UConn - 2
St. John's - 1

Nukem2
06-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Yes, was surprised re Jones as well.

GOMU1104
06-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Draft Express tweeted something about him this morning...he hired his brother as his agent, instead of someone that actually knows what they're doing.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-29-2012, 02:37 PM
He supposedly had a draft guarantee (according to the WVU Scout site) that didn't work out. And as far as not working out, apparently he didn't go work out for many teams, electing instead to stay in Morgantown. Not really all that surprised, I'm honestly more surprised Jae got drafted as high as he did than I am Jones didn't get drafted at all.

Nukem2
06-29-2012, 02:40 PM
He supposedly had a draft guarantee (according to the WVU Scout site) that didn't work out. And as far as not working out, apparently he didn't go work out for many teams, electing instead to stay in Morgantown. Not really all that surprised, I'm honestly more surprised Jae got drafted as high as he did than I am Jones didn't get drafted at all.I dunno. Jones has obvious NBA length and talent. Guess he played his cards wrong.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-29-2012, 08:52 PM
I don't think he was nearly athletic enough to really stand out in the NBA. He's a below-the-rim player, which unless you have the kind of brute force and talent of a Jared Sullinger or Dejuan Blair, really doesn't translate well to the next level. He simply didn't have enough physical gifts to overcome his deficiencies. I have to say, Jae outplaying his size likely really helped his stock because despite also having a game that is more below the rim, he proved he could play bigger than his size. Jones never did.

ziggysfryboy
06-30-2012, 09:39 AM
did anyone see the story about Quincy Acy and the 23 year old kid that he hired as his agent? story was on nightline last night.