PDA

View Full Version : Porter Moser carries lessons from the late Rick Majerus on Loyola's NCAA Quest

CaribouJim
03-02-2018, 10:45 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-loyola-porter-moser-rick-majerus-20180301-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

IWB
03-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Great story, she does a great job and Rick was a legend.

That said, screw Porter Moser.

CaribouJim
03-02-2018, 11:20 AM
Great story, she does a great job and Rick was a legend.

That said, screw Porter Moser.

Is there a backstory there?

WindyCityGoldenEagle
03-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Future DePaul coach?

IWB
03-02-2018, 12:40 PM
Is there a backstory there?

Yes.

Goose85
03-05-2018, 10:32 AM
Loyola wins and will be dancing for the first time since 1985, when their star was the man with 3 first names - Alfredrick Hughes.

I'm sure Loyola alum Bob Newhart is a happy man. Guy my age may remember the Bob Newhart show episode where Bob and his college buddy "The Peeper" try to go to the Loyola v. Marquette basketball game. Of course things don't go as planned and hijinks ensue.

MUMac
03-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Loyola wins and will be dancing for the first time since 1985, when their star was the man with 3 first names - Alfredrick Hughes.

I'm sure Loyola alum Bob Newhart is a happy man. Guy my age may remember the Bob Newhart show episode where Bob and his college buddy "The Peeper" try to go to the Loyola v. Marquette basketball game. Of course things don't go as planned and hijinks ensue.

Was it the Peeper or was it Dr. Jerry (Peter Bonerz and MU alum)? I thought it was Bonerz.

IWB
03-05-2018, 11:08 AM
According to IMDB...

In season 5 Episode 9, "The Slammer" which aired on November 20, 1976...

Bob wants to go to the Loyola/Marquette basketball game. Emily is not interested but a surprise visit from The Peeper means Bob can go with his old college friend instead.

Here is episode, starts right away: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5pumow

MUMac
03-05-2018, 11:18 AM
According to IMDB...

In season 5 Episode 9, "The Slammer" which aired on November 20, 1976...

Bob wants to go to the Loyola/Marquette basketball game. Emily is not interested but a surprise visit from The Peeper means Bob can go with his old college friend instead.

Here is episode, starts right away: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5pumow

Thanks. I always remembered Bob and Jerry talking about Marquette and De Paul. Life imitating art ...

CaribouJim
03-05-2018, 11:42 AM
Bob's secretary was played by the late, great Marcia Wallace who later become the voice of Bart Simpson's teacher Edna Krabappel. The We Unseld reference was awesome as was Wes.

Would be cool to restart that series or at least have a home & home or a one off. I've posted this before, but it brings back memories of that Loyola win at the Amphitheater in '78 on a Saturday night - we drove back to Milwaukee and headed to the Gym only to see Butch and Bernard at the bar towards the back near the Foosball tables wearing those fancy winter fur coats. That loss was a warning shot that a repeat wasn't going to happen.

IrwinFletcher
03-05-2018, 04:59 PM
Yes.

Many here in Chicago speak highly of him. Anything that can be shared with the class?

IWB
03-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Not here.

Goose85
03-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Bob's secretary was played by the late, great Marcia Wallace who later become the voice of Bart Simpson's teacher Edna Krabappel. The We Unseld reference was awesome as was Wes.

Would be cool to restart that series or at least have a home & home or a one off. I've posted this before, but it brings back memories of that Loyola win at the Amphitheater in '78 on a Saturday night - we drove back to Milwaukee and headed to the Gym only to see Butch and Bernard at the bar towards the back near the Foosball tables wearing those fancy winter fur coats. That loss was a warning shot that a repeat wasn't going to happen.

I wouldn't mind a 2 for 1 or some type of similar deal with Loyola.
In looking at St. Mary's, I think they could use a decent non conference game as well.