PDA

View Full Version : Djo @55

Nukem2
06-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Congratrats to Darius...!

ge1974
06-29-2012, 07:54 AM
I cannot believe that he lasted that long last night. I try to be objective with Marquette guys but the Lakers got a "steal", IMO. Its good for DJO, as well as he is the top draft choice coming in for the Lakers (Sacre was picked #60).

I just think DJO is going to be a very good NBA player some day. The extra travelling step allowed in the NBA; plus DJO trying to draw fouls which he'll ikely get more often in the NBA than he did in the NCAA. The NBA refs likes "acting" and DJO excels at it...plus he's just very, very good and fast.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-29-2012, 07:58 AM
I definitely thought he'd go earlier, especially after hearing one team brought him in to workout with their potential lottery players. Thought he might be late first-early second material. I have said since he got here that he's a clone of Ben Gordon, the main differences being that DJO is a bit bigger and stronger and a better defender. On a team like the Lakers, I could see him being a very solid sixth man for a long time. Still don't see him ever being an actual PG like many hope, but there's no shame in being a great sixth man.

TheSultan
06-29-2012, 08:02 AM
The problem is that he isn't as good a ball handler as Gordan. We'll see on both Crowder and DJO...I love both of them but they have physical limitations that remind me more of Lazar than they do Wes or Jimmy.

ge1974
06-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Sultan, what do you think DJO's physical limitations are?

TheSultan
06-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Sultan, what do you think DJO's physical limitations are?

He's small for an NBA shooting guard...6'3"...and he doesn't have the ball handling skills of a point. DJO is probably another version of Shannon Brown...better shooter but not as good at running the point.