PDA

View Full Version : OT - Colorado State Opening

CaribouJim
02-12-2018, 10:43 AM
http://mwwire.com/2018/02/09/colorado-state-basketball-head-coaching-candidates-nine-names-to-watch/

This could get interesting. Not to the level of Jackie Robinson, but substantive nonetheless IMO.

IWB
02-12-2018, 12:03 PM
Of course we all know the ties to Colorado State with Buzz and Cottingham, maybe a current or former Buzz assistant gets a shot at that?

Will Brad Autry get a shot?

Nukem2
02-12-2018, 12:22 PM
Of course we all know the ties to Colorado State with Buzz and Cottingham, maybe a current or former Buzz assistant gets a shot at that?

Will Brad Autry get a shot?
Steve is more on the business/legal side of the CSU athletic department. Don’t know that he would have much of a voice in a coaching search.

Gato78
02-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Steve will have a lot of input. He is firmly #2.

Nukem2
02-12-2018, 04:04 PM
Steve will have a lot of input. He is firmly #2.
Yes, I see now that he is the primary administrator for men’s basketball as well as deputy AD.

MU/Panther
02-12-2018, 06:24 PM
When I read the title, I thought Marquette was opening the new arena versus Colorado State.

warriorfan4life
02-12-2018, 07:50 PM
That would be awesome if they picked Hammon, and I would instantly become a Ram fan. Not a huge NBA person, but know how well regarded she is there, and believe that being an alum helps overcome an obstacle in place elsewhere (and this is about the right level as well, a good league but not the pressure of the top 7 leagues).

Djgoldnboy
02-13-2018, 12:29 PM
I attended my freshman year there before transferring back to MU to finish up, would be cool to see them make history this way.

Goose85
02-13-2018, 01:25 PM
My question if I'm at Colorado State is, do you think she could recruit 16 and 17 year old kids (and just as importantly, influence their AAU coaches) to come and play for her?
I don't doubt her coaching ability if you guys say she is well regarded, but most of college hoops is recruiting and I'd be concerned with the recruiting angle.

IWB
02-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Agree with Goo - She can coach, no question, but college basketball is all about recruiting and many times, dealing with the AAU coaches. Will she be able to do that? No one knows and it is a might big chance to take.

CaribouJim
02-13-2018, 03:16 PM
Remember that she coached the Spurs Summer League team to the championship the summer before last. As far as recruiting, interning under one of the 5 best NBA coaches of all-time (IMO) and the next Olympic coach sure can't hurt in pitching her skills as a coach. Maybe being a coach on that Olympic team too? Not sure how they pick the staff beyond the high profile guys.

If she was the choice it would seem logical that the program would get more fannies in the seats and more overall coverage for the team. Will be interesting to follow.

Goose85
02-14-2018, 02:59 PM
So if there was a decision to move on from Wojo for some reason, we she be a the top of anybodies list for MU coach?

People were concerned about Ewing coming from pro to college, and I'd think he likely already has a ton of cred among young kids and aau type guys.

CaribouJim
03-07-2018, 04:18 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/report-becky-hammon-a-top-candidate-for-colorado-st-job/ar-BBJZ1OH?li=BBnba9I