PDA

View Full Version : ESPN - The Root of All Evil

ge1974
06-28-2012, 02:46 PM
But they are not alone. Check this out from Outkick the Coverage:

http://outkickthecoverage.com/espn-fox-advising-big-12-on-expansion-adding-notre-dame.php

Goose85
06-28-2012, 03:50 PM
ESPN and Fox driving the conference realignment bus - glad they have been finally called out for what many believed when Syracuse and Pitt jumped.

I guess a positive is with ESPN and Fox 'telling' the Big 12 that they only benefit in expansion with ND, that may result in the Big 12 staying at 10 for now.

The Big East needs things to stay as they are right now until they can get a new TV deal done.

Let's hope NBC sees this as ESPN trying to take ND away from them, causing NBC to step up for the Big East and ND in the upcoming TV negotiation round. By keeping ND in the Big East, NBC can also keep ND as their college football draw.

CaribouJim
06-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Crap, I was hoping that NBC and Fox could join forces to leverage against ESPN and their dastardly deeds.

TheSultan
06-28-2012, 07:52 PM
No one watches NBC. And this article surprises exactly no one.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-29-2012, 07:22 AM
This surprises no one, but it's really disappointing that the story will probably never see the light of day in mainstream media, mainly because it indicts the people that would have to report it for that to happen.

TheSultan
06-29-2012, 07:36 AM
If you want great reporting on national sports stories, always go to Yahoo Sports. ESPN stopped being a journalism company years ago. One of my favorite traditions on NBA draft night is reading Adrian Wojnarowski's tweets announcing upcoming draft picks a few minutes before they are official....and ESPN's "experts" are generally wrong.