PDA

View Full Version : MU Schedule info

IWB
06-28-2012, 12:02 PM
June 28, 2012

For Immediate Release

Seven Postseason Teams Highlight BIG EAST Home Schedule

Season Tickets Available For As Little As $125

Milwaukee – The Marquette University men’s basketball team will face Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Seton Hall and USF in home-and-home series in 2012-13 BIG EAST Conference play, the league office announced Thursday morning.

The Golden Eagles have learned where they will take on their fellow league programs next season, but the layout of the actual schedule has yet to be determined. In 2011-12, MU’s crossover trio consisted of Cincinnati, Georgetown and Villanova. The 2012-13 schedule breakdown is listed below.

HOME GAMES: UConn, DePaul, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Providence, Seton Hall, USF, Syracuse

ROAD GAMES: Cincinnati, Georgetown, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, St. John’s, Seton Hall, USF, Villanova

The 2012-13 season will be the sixth consecutive one in which each team will play 18 conference games. This year, with only 15 schools, the format features 10 opponents once and four opponents twice. There are 75 single-play matchups and 30 home-and homes-series. Of the 30 home-and-home series, only seven are the same as last season. Four teams have four totally new repeat opponents. Eight teams have one and three teams have two repeat opponents the same. No team has all repeat opponents the same as last year.

Each conference team plays nine or 10 games against last season’s BIG EAST NCAA Tournament teams, including at least two of its four home-and-home series. Remarkably, 80 percent of conference games include at least one BIG EAST NCAA Tournament participant, and 27 percent match two BIG EAST NCAA Tournament teams.

Marquette season tickets will be available for as little as $125 beginning on July 16. Five-game mini plans go on sale on August 6.

The complete non-conference schedule will begin to be released on GoMarquette.com beginning on July 9. One opponent will be announced each morning.

For more information please call 414-288-GOMU (4668), visit www.GoMarquette.com/tickets or email athletics@marquette.edu.

Scott Kuykendall

Associate Athletics Director, Media Relations

Marquette University

Al McGuire Center

CaribouJim
06-28-2012, 12:13 PM
It will be an entertaining and challenging home schedule - we've got the two turncoats in one more time to razz them.

Nukem2
06-28-2012, 12:16 PM
It will be an entertaining and challenging home schedule - we've got the two turncoats in one more time to razz them.

Yes, need to razz those turncoats...:)

ge1974
06-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Wow, what a tough, tough schedule. No gimmies and geez, we have to play Georgetown twice again this year!

ND, UCONN G'Town, Syracuse and PITT as 5 of our 8 home games is a challenge. I just hope that they schedule more Saturday games than they have in the past so the out-of-towners have a better opportunity to attend.

Nukem2
06-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Wow, what a tough, tough schedule. No gimmies and geez, we have to play Georgetown twice again this year!

ND, UCONN G'Town, Syracuse and PITT as 5 of our 8 home games is a challenge. I just hope that they schedule more Saturday games than they have in the past so the out-of-towners have a better opportunity to attend.Agree. They'll probably schedule a couple of those on weeknights while the students are out for semester break...:(

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Going to go out on a limb here and put my conference prediction out there FAR too early. Since the non-conference schedule isn’t completely out I cannot predict overall record and I won’t even waste my time predicting NCAA seed as it so greatly depends on how others are overall… however here is my very likely to be wrong conference prediction:
UConn – W
@Cincy – L
DePaul – W
@G’town – L
G’town – W
Notre Dame – L
@ Louisville – L
@Pitt – W
Pitt- W
Providence – W
Rutgers – W
Seton Hall – W
@St. John’s – L
@Seton Hall – W
USF- W
@USF- W
Syracuse – W
@Villanova – W
Overall Conference record: 13-5
I think this year’s team will be better than last years, maybe not by record due to the harder schedule, but I think we will have more of a balanced attack as opposed to two main guys. I think Lockett will be huge in replacing DJO and I think Jamil Wilson and Vander are ready to break out.

bleedbluegold03
06-28-2012, 01:17 PM
so we have four mirror games? I always thought it was three

bleedbluegold03
06-28-2012, 01:29 PM
also this isn't a hard schedule compared to years past. consider the fact that three of our mirror opponents went 5 games under .500 in BEast play last year. In addition, you want your tough-yet-winnable games at home. For me that screams ND, Cuse and Gtown. give me to the end of November to judge our actual record tho

ge1974
06-28-2012, 02:17 PM
West Virginia is gone so there are only 15 teams and to play 18 games we need to have 4 mirror games.

Mirror game scheduling will change during 2013-14 with the additions of Memphis, Temple, SMU, Houston and UCF while adios to Pitt and Syracuse.