PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings....

IWB
02-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Now I understand players wanting to play in a "sexier city" than Milwaukee, and it has to be rough when your team is subpar, but the recent stories about Jennings researching "Big Market Teams" (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7560912/milwaukee-bucks-brandon-jennings-doing-homework-big-market-teams) bothers me for a few reasons.....

1) First off, why say that to any reporter while you are currently on a team and the teammates need to rely on you? Really helps the club.

2) Next, is this his response to being snubbed for the All-Star game? I may be wrong, but I don't think his being left off the list for the All-Star game has anything to do with playing in Milwaukee.

3) I thought he was different. When the Bucks were looking at all of the PG options that year, I didn't want them to draft Jennings because he opted to go to Europe for a year instead of going to college. That bothered me. But then once he got here, he did some things that really made me think I miss judged him. He didn't buy a mansion in River Hills like so many before him, no, he bought a house in Bay View. Next, he didn't buy a Bentley or Rolls Royce like other did, he bought a pretty basic Ford. That spoke volumes to me - mom was teaching him right.

In the end, was it just a ploy to get Milwaukee to up the offers? If so, I can understand that, but if it is that he is that unhappy here, the Bucks need to find a new formula.

Goose85
02-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Jennings won't be a star on a big market team - yet. Maybe after one more short term contract, but I don't see it now.

In today's NBA, big time players attract other big time players (Boston, Miami, NY, Clippers, Lakers, etc). Not sure Jennings is on either end of that dynamic right now (big time players want to come to Milw to play with him or have him join them).

At this point I don't see him being worth big time money to another team other than the Bucks right now.

Bucks need to find a way to get another player or two to go along with Jennings or Bogut (and have Bogut healthy). If they can do that they could be in the playoff mix going forward. If not then I'm not sure what they can do other than getting lucky in the draft lottery.