PDA

View Full Version : MU Women's Team

Phantom Warrior
11-25-2017, 09:18 AM
I don't know how many MU fans noticed, but the women's team just played in a tournament in Mexico and lost to Tennessee by 2 points in overtime (101-99. Tennessee was ranked #12 and #13 in national polls. The Volunteers also supposedly have the top-ranked freshman class in the country this year.

What is interesting is that two freshmen - Lauren Van Kleunen and Serena Lott - have gotten significant minutes so far this year, and both are playing well. They, along with the five outstanding juniors, will all return next year, and 6'4" Tori McCoy, the Ohio State transfer, will also become eligible.

It would not surprise me at all if this year the women make it to the Sweet 16 or even the Elite Eight, and next year they could end up ranked in the Top 10 and have a legitimate shot at making it to the Final Four.

I can't wait to watch this team this year on t.v. as they have a few conference games on Fox 1 and on Fox 2.

russguss
11-25-2017, 09:23 AM
I don't know how many MU fans noticed, but the women's team just played in a tournament in Mexico and lost to Tennessee by 2 points in overtime (101-99. Tennessee was ranked #12 and #13 in national polls. The Volunteers also supposedly have the top-ranked freshman class in the country this year.

What is interesting is that two freshmen - Lauren Van Kleunen and Serena Lott - have gotten significant minutes so far this year, and both are playing well. They, along with the five outstanding juniors, will all return next year, and 6'4" Tori McCoy, the Ohio State transfer, will also become eligible.

It would not surprise me at all if this year the women make it to the Sweet 16 or even the Elite Eight, and next year they could end up ranked in the Top 10 and have a legitimate shot at making it to the Final Four.

I can't wait to watch this team this year on t.v. as they have a few conference games on Fox 1 and on Fox 2.

Why not pick up tix and support them in person Season tix can be had for $50 or their Mini-Plans are like $20... We have had Season tix for like 25 yrs, its a fun game to watch...

IrwinFletcher
11-25-2017, 10:00 AM
They struggled in the opener against New Mexico and maybe struggling with expectations. Hopefully they can get things turned around and seemed to play much better vs. Tennessee.

Phantom Warrior
11-25-2017, 10:37 AM
IF,

They played the game against New Mexico without Wilbourn, though not sure why, possibly injury. First game of the season, a true road game, without one of the best players on the team and lost by one. Not too concerned.

IrwinFletcher
11-25-2017, 11:27 AM
Did not realize Wilbourn didn’t play. Thanks for clarifying. I have no idea how good NM is, but had hoped the Woman’s team could get off to a really strong start. Unlike the BE Men’s, the conference is not really all that strong outside of DePaul.

warriorfan4life
11-25-2017, 11:30 AM
Women have two more really good opportunities for a big win with road tilts at Green Bay and Notre Dame. Probably need to get one of those to have any hope of getting the type of seed that they got last year.

Markedman
11-25-2017, 05:16 PM
Did not realize Wilbourn didn’t play. Thanks for clarifying. I have no idea how good NM is, but had hoped the Woman’s team could get off to a really strong start. Unlike the BE Men’s, the conference is not really all that strong outside of DePaul.

Nova just beat perennial power Duke by double digits so maybe the conferenc will be a bit stronger this season.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-26-2017, 07:37 AM
Why not pick up tix and support them in person Season tix can be had for $50 or their Mini-Plans are like $20... We have had Season tix for like 25 yrs, its a fun game to watch...

I got tickets for the first time this year and am looking forward to getting out to some games. Missed the opener because I was working, but for $50 per seat (and it helps your preference points for men's tickets too) it's really worth the price.

MU/Panther
11-27-2017, 09:24 AM

It has to be the greatest TV schedule ever. Two games on Spectrum Sports. 3 games on FS2 and 2 on FS1. Plus, every Big East game is on the Big East Digital Network, which is on FOX Sports GO.

MU/Panther
11-28-2017, 12:58 PM
Beatdown
https://twitter.com/MarquetteWBB/status/935583394007838720

Markedman
12-20-2017, 04:15 PM
Heartbreaking OT loss at 2nd ranked ND. Had a lead late in regulation but couldn't hold on. Heidman with a horrible game.

Story of the season. Play all the really good teams on the non conference schedule tough but lost them all.

IrwinFletcher
12-20-2017, 04:58 PM
Up 3 with 40 seconds left and give up an offensive rebound to tie the game.

I wonder if their success last year came a year to early, and maybe next season is when they really go far.