PDA

View Full Version : DePaul "Team Camps"

Nukem2
06-25-2012, 12:04 PM
The Bullseye Bros. have a writeup on DePaul's "Team Camps" in an effort to get the Blue Demons more exposure. Seems like these camps would be kind of outside NCAA "norms"...? I predict this concept will be shot down...? One thing to have elit/advanced camps, but the team thing just seems "off" in terms of recruting...?

http://ilprepbullseye.com/DePaul_Team_Camp.html

TedBaxter
06-25-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm not sure if they will be shot down. Wisconsin has done this for years with the high school teams coming in and most, if not all, come from within driving distance of the campus. I really see no problem with this kind of camp and it is better since the high school team is playing together.

Nukem2
06-25-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure if they will be shot down. Wisconsin has done this for years with the high school teams coming in and most, if not all, come from within driving distance of the campus. I really see no problem with this kind of camp and it is better since the high school team is playing together.Does WI do it with teams or indivduals. Don't ever remember seeing HS teams involved in university-sponsored camps....

Mark Miller
06-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Wisconsin's Team Tournament now has as many AAU teams as high school teams.

IWB
06-25-2012, 01:26 PM
I know Wisconsin has always had a very successful one, but I don't understand how they can have AAU teams when the NCAA rules prohibit AAU tourneys from D1 camouses.

Nukem2
06-25-2012, 01:43 PM
I know Wisconsin has always had a very successful one, but I don't understand how they can have AAU teams when the NCAA rules prohibit AAU tourneys from D1 camouses.Yeah, thats kind of where I was going as I posted this. Seems contradictory. Also, how is it different than not allowing MU to host Mark Miller's WBBY Tourney in December...?

TedBaxter
06-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Wisconsin's Team Tournament now has as many AAU teams as high school teams.

I stand corrected, again.