PDA

View Full Version : OT: What is this guys deal?!

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-22-2012, 12:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8084525/battle-ballparks-championship-vote-mlb-bestr

Not sure how many of you have seen this or voted... But this writer really has been bashing Miller Park and taking some shots about Milwaukee fans... I copied the final vote, but if you look back a round or two he has more comments.

I will say this Miller Park is really underrated, whoever made them a 24 seed has obviously never been there, is it number one? Not so sure about that, but it's certainly not #24. I think Miller Park is a great place to watch a ball game and the experience in Milwaukee only enhances that, shoot, most cities don't even tailgate... I've been to many parks and I think Miller Park is right up there.

Markedman
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
If he didn't want to have a vote he should have just written an article on his personal favorite parks and left it at that.

He is just mad because Brewer fans are voting and screwing up his seeds.

Goose85
06-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Very suprised at his shots at Miller Park, as any visitors I've ever spoken to have given Miller Park glowing reviews. Miller Park has the feel of an airline terminal, really? And Wrigley is a #6 seed, unless they have made some vast improvements in the last three years since I've been there - Wrigley is no #6 seed, not even close.

He provides a voters guide, that when looking at what he wants from the criteria, suggests Miller Park is a top level park.

Retractable roof is a bonus - check. Basball should be on grass - check, great scoreboard - check, seating, pricing, concessions - check, check, check. Location is very good with easy access to tranportation - check.

Most stadiums now are very nice. I've been to a few and really like Fenway and PNC Park and have heard San Fran is awesome too, it's just cold even in the summer.

Miller Park isn't number one, but it is right up there for giving the fans a quality experience.

kneelb4zerg
06-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Good for the Brewer fans for voting but Miller Park is an average venue at best. The retractable roof makes the atmosphere claustrophobic even when it's open.

MUAlphaBangura
06-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Good for the Brewer fans for voting but Miller Park is an average venue at best. The retractable roof makes the atmosphere claustrophobic even when it's open.

It's only claustrophobic if you're claustrophobic. It is well above average compared to many parks I have been to. Where else can you watch game 4 of the NBA finals in an air conditioned bar on a 90 degee night( so you don't have to watch the Brewers blow another lead)?

kneelb4zerg
06-22-2012, 09:08 PM
It's only claustrophobic if you're claustrophobic. It is well above average compared to many parks I have been to. Where else can you watch game 4 of the NBA finals in an air conditioned bar on a 90 degee night( so you don't have to watch the Brewers blow another lead)?

I think it kind of sucks compared to many parks that I've been to. And I'm sure Caple is pissed his little project turned into a joke with Miller Park winning.

IWB
06-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Miller Park is not the best stadium out there, but obviously has the most loyal fans. What is a complete joke is that he seeded Miller Park #24 overall.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Completely agree IWB... But listening to Caple you'd think it's a dump... You know, like a certain set of ball parks to the south of us.

IWB
06-23-2012, 06:36 AM
Makes me wonder if the guy has really ever even been to Miller Park - or was he at County Stadium?

Goose85
06-23-2012, 10:26 AM
I was at Fenway last year - very impressive ball park and very well maintained for the oldest park in the league (along with Wrigley). You would think most of it was relatively new. Wrigley on the other hand, unless there have been significant upgrades, is a relative dump in comparison.