PDA

View Full Version : Mike Miller/Steve Novak Connection

CaribouJim
06-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Miller was unconscious last night, but there is a realistic scenario that he may hang em up due to multiple health issues - see link below. Could Novak be on the Heat's radar? He is a free agent right or is he a restricted free agent?

The Heat were obviously on fire last night, but the biggest takeaway I had was the crisp passing, relatively little isolation stuff, and penetrating and kicking out to a guy for the 3. Hadn't seen that type of ball from the Heat in a long time. No brainer that Novak would thrive in that environment and really add a ton of value to the Heat - not just because it would be cool to have Wade and Novak on the team together. Then again, what are Diener's plans for next year? Is he getting homesick? You never can have too many high IQ Point Guards :)

PS - I was surprised that Wade only was listed as having 3 or 4 assists - seems like he had a lot more - maybe they were of the hockey variety where he had that first critical pass that lead to another pass that lead to a basket.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/331359-millers-final-game?eref=sihp&sct=hp_bf2_a4

The Reptile
06-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Novak is a free agent and the Knicks have a lot of guys who are role players that are also free agents and one of them is Jeremy Lin. With Novak shooting at a 47%+ clip from 3 he has attracted a lot of attention from other teams. I think that Steve has made his statement and should expect a nice contract come July's free agency period. We'll see if he's willing to take an offer from Miami if it's less than what he's offered from other teams.

Gato78
06-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Lin and Novak had a recent arbitration to determne whether they are free or restricted. Has there been a decision?

IrwinFletcher
06-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Miller was unconscious last night, but there is a realistic scenario that he may hang em up due to multiple health issues - see link below. Could Novak be on the Heat's radar? He is a free agent right or is he a restricted free agent?

The Heat were obviously on fire last night, but the biggest takeaway I had was the crisp passing, relatively little isolation stuff, and penetrating and kicking out to a guy for the 3. Hadn't seen that type of ball from the Heat in a long time. No brainer that Novak would thrive in that environment and really add a ton of value to the Heat - not just because it would be cool to have Wade and Novak on the team together. Then again, what are Diener's plans for next year? Is he getting homesick? You never can have too many high IQ Point Guards :)

PS - I was surprised that Wade only was listed as having 3 or 4 assists - seems like he had a lot more - maybe they were of the hockey variety where he had that first critical pass that lead to another pass that lead to a basket.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/331359-millers-final-game?eref=sihp&sct=hp_bf2_a4

Wade had 3-4 passes to guys who were then fouled going up for an easy layup. Had some of those been finished, his line would have been even more impressive.

bergamont
06-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Gato---the decision came out today with the NBA appealing it. Great news for Steve http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8085646/ruling-gives-jeremy-lin-chauncey-billups-bird-rights-affects-cap

pbiflyer
06-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Wade had 3-4 passes to guys who were then fouled going up for an easy layup. Had some of those been finished, his line would have been even more impressive.

I thought his block total was also low.

IWB
06-23-2012, 06:54 AM
Looking at it, this means the Knicks can re-sign him to a deal that is 175% greater than last year's salary or the average NBA salary, whichever number is greater. I believe the average last year was $5.51 million.

Last year his salary was $992,680, the addition of 175% brings it to $1,737,190.

So, if he stays with the Knicks, it will be for $5.51 million - if not, he goes to the highest bidder. Congrats Steve!

pbiflyer
06-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Looking at it, this means the Knicks can re-sign him to a deal that is 175% greater than last year's salary or the average NBA salary, whichever number is greater. I believe the average last year was $5.51 million.

Last year his salary was $992,680, the addition of 175% brings it to $1,737,190.

So, if he stays with the Knicks, it will be for $5.51 million - if not, he goes to the highest bidder. Congrats Steve!
Up to $5.51 million, if I understand the rule correctly. There are still ramifications for the Knicks (luxury tax).
I was in NY all last week. Lots of Lin talk, not so much for Steve, sadly. But I think he is in for a big raise regardless. Congrats Steve, he is such a good guy.
I remember a couple summers ago, during a visit to the Al, Steve saw my 3.5 yo (at the time) son, stopped his work out to come over and talk to him. And even after he found out his name was Travis, not Steve.