PDA

View Full Version : Jamil Wilson

Goose85
07-26-2017, 04:05 PM
No message, Read the wrong date on the article.

Thought he had an NBA offer. Still waiting to see if he or Vander get their shot this year.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
07-26-2017, 04:58 PM
I believe he signed a two-way contract with the LA Clippers about 10 days ago.

Nukem2
07-26-2017, 06:35 PM
I believe he signed a two-way contract with the LA Clippers about 10 days ago.

How could he play in the TBT then? Guess it's just not an NBA contract per se?

07-26-2017, 09:56 PM
I'm guessing it's something specific with those contracts. I think they're as much minor league deals as anything. Pretty much a minor league deal but the NBA team holds the rights.

Nukem2
07-27-2017, 08:14 AM
On second thought, Jamil does not even qualify for a two way contract as he is now past the 3 year experience threshold.

2012Warrior
07-27-2017, 08:35 AM
The last I saw was the Clippers had a strong interest in him, but haven't seen anything about a contract. Same with Buycks and the Knicks.

07-27-2017, 09:55 AM
Not sure what the exact situation is, but this was one source I found:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/clippers-jamil-wilson-signs-two-way-deal-with-clippers/

There was another article on NBC confirming it, seemed like reliable sources.

Nukem2
07-27-2017, 10:16 AM
Not sure what the exact situation is, but this was one source I found:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/clippers-jamil-wilson-signs-two-way-deal-with-clippers/

There was another article on NBC confirming it, seemed like reliable sources.Interesting. Wonder how the 3 year threshold is measured?

07-27-2017, 10:42 AM
No idea. His bio seems to indicate two years in the D League, followed by a year overseas. Maybe only time spent as a professional in this country counts?

IWB
07-27-2017, 11:34 AM
Yes - I think so, when a guy plays two years and then makes an NBA roster they list him as a rookie.

2012Warrior
07-27-2017, 08:03 PM
Vander really can't catch a break. He would be perfect for a 2 way contract, but isn't eligible.

I missed that on Jamil. Happy to see him getting a shot.

IrwinFletcher
08-04-2017, 12:38 PM
https://twitter.com/laclippers/status/893294172236431361

KMWTRUCKS
08-08-2017, 08:15 AM
if Jamil had a Travis D type of mentality not only would he be in the NBA but he would be making $10 mil per year. Funny you look at Jimmy B and his 1st few games as a SOPH at MU you wondered if he was ever going to be a good bench player and you saw Jamil and you said if this guy gets better every year he could be a lottery pick. you can see the physical skill on players but what you cannot see is what is in there heart and there mind.

Djgoldnboy
08-09-2017, 12:26 PM
if Jamil had a Travis D type of mentality not only would he be in the NBA but he would be making $10 mil per year. Funny you look at Jimmy B and his 1st few games as a SOPH at MU you wondered if he was ever going to be a good bench player and you saw Jamil and you said if this guy gets better every year he could be a lottery pick. you can see the physical skill on players but what you cannot see is what is in there heart and there mind.

Jimmy at the Dayton game which was played in Illinois looked absolutely lost as they took an L that day.

I remember a buddy and I were talking about "well there's a wasted scholarship" as we were watching, he played around 10 minute and almost fouled out, zero points. So glad he proved us wrong.

CaribouJim
08-11-2017, 09:36 AM
Jimmy at the Dayton game which was played in Illinois looked absolutely lost as they took an L that day.

I remember a buddy and I were talking about "well there's a wasted scholarship" as we were watching, he played around 10 minute and almost fouled out, zero points. So glad he proved us wrong.

I was at that Dayton game - dreary playing environment and dreary result. Ted Baxter was there as well IIRC.

I remember seeing Jimmy's first game at MU - I was with any older brother - also an MU grad. After watching him for a bit we looked at each other and had a similar reaction as you guys - slow footed - nothing about his game seemed to impress. He incrementally improved virtually all parts of his game along the way.

Was more interested in seeing Joe Fulce's game. Joe would maybe make my all-injury team - guys that if it weren't for injuries could have made substantive contributions at MU.