PDA

View Full Version : Irony, defined

BBF
07-15-2017, 11:04 AM
“We want stability, but you don’t want to worry about that to the point that it compromises the quality of the person you hire,” Braun said. “Great people are going to get attracted away, and we need great people here.”

Clearly, Mark Mone has a 180 degree different view.

dylanrocks
07-21-2017, 12:32 PM
Since it's so quiet on both boards and with the season now less than three months away, I thought this might be an opportune time to ask a question that Fran posed on the other board:

Just what are your expectations for the coming season?

Last year, Milwaukee won just eight games in the regular season, a dropoff of 11 wins from the previous year.

In light of that, I wanted to share with you this statement from an optimistic poster on the Eunuch board in the moments after Rob was fired: "If the new coach doesn't win big -- and I mean right, right away -- Braun should join him on the unemployment line."

Instead, with no promise of anything more than a middling season and with just two team sports titles to her credit in the last three years, our AD just signed a lucrative two-year contract extension.

I would be interested to get your thoughts about this development and the state of the program in general.

Jimmy Lemke
07-24-2017, 08:20 PM
It's incredibly difficult to get excited about Panther Hoops right now, and will remain so as long as she's in that chair. I can live with Mone. I know others can't, but I can live with him just like I lived with Santiago.

dylanrocks
08-07-2017, 11:58 AM
My God, it's just a bonanza of enthusiasm for the program right now! I mean, hold back the onslaught! Let's hope that we've reached rock bottom. Somehow, though, I suspect that we haven't.

TheDarkHawkReturns
08-08-2017, 11:50 AM
A friend of mine has been a season ticket holder for years....he told me last night that he is out this season. The $10 increase in prices, along with the craptastic state of the program, were his deciding factors. This guy is a hoops junkie. Goes to Tosa games (East and West), UW and MU....I believe he is a season ticket holder for MU also.

And he's gone. That is where we are today.

MU/Panther
08-08-2017, 03:36 PM
A friend of mine has been a season ticket holder for years....he told me last night that he is out this season. The $10 increase in prices,

Well, you might want to tell him that there should be 16 home dates (ALL) at the Arena. 60% increase from last season.

dylanrocks
08-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Were prices raised $10 per game?

MU/Panther
08-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Not per game. Per season ticket seat.

BBF
08-08-2017, 10:49 PM
By mid-season they might need to give free hot dog vouchers to passing State Street vagabonds to get anyone in the door.

Do the math on last season's total athletic department ticket revenue and it's absolutely frightening, particularly when compared to Green Bay. It would be impossible to believe that season ticket sales --already in the crapper last year -- won't take another downward turn with yet another all too predictable off-season of turmoil.

By the way, I could only laugh when I saw the season ticket package they sent to me. They can't even identify the non-con teams on the schedule yet! Does anyone believe it won't be another utterly frightening home slate? Will there be a single home game against a team in the rpi/kenpom top 100?

Skrapheap
08-25-2017, 12:07 PM
By mid-season they might need to give free hot dog vouchers to passing State Street vagabonds to get anyone in the door.

Do the math on last season's total athletic department ticket revenue and it's absolutely frightening, particularly when compared to Green Bay. It would be impossible to believe that season ticket sales --already in the crapper last year -- won't take another downward turn with yet another all too predictable off-season of turmoil.

By the way, I could only laugh when I saw the season ticket package they sent to me. They can't even identify the non-con teams on the schedule yet! Does anyone believe it won't be another utterly frightening home slate? Will there be a single home game against a team in the rpi/kenpom top 100?

Well, the full non-league schedule is out (http://mkepanthers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball) it's replete with quality teams :)

Has the program hit rock bottom? Perhaps. But it won't surprise me if the AD is spotted with blasting caps and dynamite...

Mitch_Roelke_Fanclub
09-15-2017, 01:38 PM
“We want stability, but you don’t want to worry about that to the point that it compromises the quality of the person you hire,” Braun said. “Great people are going to get attracted away, and we need great people here.”

Clearly, Mark Mone has a 180 degree different view.

Heard Development Director Jennifer Gryniewicz has given her notice.

dylanrocks
09-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Heard Development Director Jennifer Gryniewicz has given her notice.

If true, another quality individual bites the dust.

DKelly28
09-16-2017, 08:42 PM
If true, another quality individual bites the dust.

Absolutely agree. Regardless of what's happening, best of luck to Jenny.

dylanrocks
09-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Can we just hit the re-set button on the last five years?

BBF
09-19-2017, 02:17 PM
Jenny is a good person. I wish her luck in the future.

dylanrocks
09-22-2017, 11:55 AM
I check this board and the other one every day and I have a serious question: when will people start discussing UWM basketball again?

Of all the concerns I have about the administration of this program, the greatest is the stunningly abject lack of excitement or buzz.