PDA

View Full Version : OT,,,Bucks may have interest in Derrick Rose

milkbone
07-03-2017, 10:56 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2017/07/03/fans-react-report-derrick-rose-meet-bucks-officials-monday-morning/447620001/

AlexJesswein
07-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Bucks gonna bucks

:confused:

DCwarrior
07-03-2017, 12:24 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2017/07/03/fans-react-report-derrick-rose-meet-bucks-officials-monday-morning/447620001/

Why??? They need outside shooters. Rose can't shoot.

Markedman
07-03-2017, 03:56 PM
He can't shoot....and likes to shoot....doesn't defend...and goes AWOL when things don't go his way

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-03-2017, 04:47 PM
This would be the most Bucks thing ever... honestly right now they are best off standing pat until they can clear the $18 million they owe Monroe this season. They should be focusing on ditching the Henson, Teletovic, Hawes, and Dellavadova contracts right now. Those 5 players are due $54 million next year combined, then you can go after a legitimate PG like George Hill or Teague to pair with Giannis, Thon, and Middleton. Then you get as many 3 and D players around them and you have a contender. Rose does not fit what we need at all, not even from a chemistry standpoint, would be an atrocious signing.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
07-04-2017, 11:01 AM
I'm baffled by this. The Bucks have generally been making pretty good moves, and this doesn't look like one. If they could sign 5 years ago Derrick Rose, pre-injury, that'd be one thing, but he's not that guy anymore. For a team that's really one piece away, this looks like the wrong piece at the wrong time, and almost certainly at the wrong price.

Phantom Warrior
07-04-2017, 12:11 PM
MKE,

Not sure what you mean by "the most Bucks thing ever," but in my mind it would not even be close to "most." For me, the "most Bukcs thing ever" would be the Dirk Nowitzki - Tractor Traylor fiasco. Another that comes to mind was trading Ray Allen go. And then there was that draft when the Bucks took Gary Trent and then traded him - and a firsdt-round draft choice - for Shaun Respert. That was a real winner of a trade.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-04-2017, 02:16 PM
MKE,

Not sure what you mean by "the most Bucks thing ever," but in my mind it would not even be close to "most." For me, the "most Bukcs thing ever" would be the Dirk Nowitzki - Tractor Traylor fiasco. Another that comes to mind was trading Ray Allen go. And then there was that draft when the Bucks took Gary Trent and then traded him - and a firsdt-round draft choice - for Shaun Respert. That was a real winner of a trade.

That's exactly what I meant, we have a history of making moves that scratch your head. the Bucks talked all off season about needing to add shooting, even the new GM said they would continue to look to add more shooting, then they go after Rose? Makes no sense.

TheSultan
07-04-2017, 02:28 PM
So I'm reading now that this might be part of a sign and trade. The only way that makes sense to me is if the Knicks take on the Dellavedova contract and the Rose contract is for no more than two years.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-04-2017, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't do Delly for Rose... I'm afraid it might be Rose for Monroe which would just be atrocious on the Bucks part... now if they would take Henson and Delly's contracts for Rose? I'd do that as a salary dump.

TheSultan
07-04-2017, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't do Delly for Rose... I'm afraid it might be Rose for Monroe which would just be atrocious on the Bucks part... now if they would take Henson and Delly's contracts for Rose? I'd do that as a salary dump.

I would be surprised if it were for Monroe. My understanding is that Monroe picked up his option because he likes how he was utilized by the Bucks last year.

Delly and Henson makes even more sense. But it might just be one of those two.

mufan2003
07-04-2017, 04:33 PM
Not a fan of this potential move. If Brogdon is better and starts over Rose, Rose will not be happy. This reminds me of when George Karl wanted to reunite with Gary Payton. Not the same player.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
07-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Once Frank Ntilikina and Dennis Smith went off the board on draft night, it became pretty clear that the Bucks best options would be either sticking with Brogdon or trying to lure someone like Jeff Teague or George Hill. Honestly, I think they should've tried to get Ricky Rubio when the T-Wolves unloaded him. With Giannis, Middleton, and Parker, the last thing they need is a high-volume, low efficiency player at the point. I don't see any way Derrick Rose improves them as a team. His best value was as an expiring contract, not as a free agent. Unless he wants to come for the veteran minimum or close to it...