PDA

View Full Version : Transfers Nationally?

Phantom Warrior
05-28-2017, 07:28 PM
The past several years I've seen listes published of all players who've said they are transferring. Each year the list grows longer. I believe last year it approached 1,000 names.

I have not seen anything like that so far this year. Wondering if the number of transfers is in a downward trend after years of climbing/soaring.

Anyone else seen anything regarding transfer lists or number of transfers this year? I realize some names will pop up in June, but by the end of May, there have usually been quite a few such lists published.

milkbone
05-28-2017, 08:17 PM
The last list I heard of had alittle under 700 transfers this season so far.

TedBaxter
05-29-2017, 01:17 AM
http://verbalcommits.com/transfers/2017

Don't know if this includes all of the transfers.

Phantom Warrior
05-29-2017, 09:18 AM
Thanks. If this is a current list, maybe the rate of transfers is actually slowing down a bit. I hope so. It's really gotten out of control.

Markedman
05-29-2017, 07:06 PM
I really don't think it is going to slow down since many of them are viewed to be a positive by both coaches and players.

Some good players will always leave for their own reasons and that will upset coaches and fans who wanted them to stay.....i.e. Blankson and Uthoff etc.....but the majority are guys that didn't play at all or as much as they wanted......in those cases both player and school can benefit from a fresh start.

Just the reality of the situation....

TedBaxter
05-30-2017, 05:54 AM
It's not going to slow down unless you get rid or the parent and AAU influence. I'm not saying all parents and AAU coaches are bad. It's just that they see more ability in their players than what they show on the floor.

How about this high school situation that I just became aware of? A girl from my hometown open enrolled as a freshman at a neighboring school that has better athletic programs and she played on youth basketball teams with some players at that school. As a freshman she was a varsity member of the golf and basketball teams that went to the state tournament. As a sophomore she was a member of a state tournament golf team and a sectional basketball team, but apparently didn't like the environment of the school. The rumor is that she will now transfer to a third school to be with some girls who play for an AAU team that is coached by this girls dad and the dad of one of her AAU teammates from this new school. This new school is a Division 5 school instead of the Division 3 school she was attending and they don't have a girls golf team and get this, she has to drive through 3 school districts to get to this school, which is 40 miles one way from home. Her dad then approached the golf coach of the school district they live in to see if she could play with that schools golf team, so he's asking for her to play golf at a school district that has had to fork out around $15,000 so far so she can attend other public schools. The only way she could play golf is if her new high school could petition her to be on a co-op team with a neighboring school and who knows how the WIAA would rule on that.

Parents are fucked up in a lot of instances and do they think that maybe her open enrolling into districts and taking playing time away from others might be a reason she didn't feel comfortable there and what about this new school? They've been in the last 2 Division 5 state tournaments and how do some of the girls coming up feel about a new girl coming in?

DCwarrior
05-30-2017, 07:19 AM
I think the days of redshirting players will be a thing of the past at most D1 schools (especially at low and mid majors schools). Most coaches now probably don't want to take the risk of losing the kid for his final season as a graduate transfer by doing so. I think some coaches will be even try to push a kid back early from an injury rather than using a medical redshirt year for fear of losing him as grad transfer later on.

Mucrisco
05-30-2017, 01:26 PM
It's not going to slow down unless you get rid or the parent and AAU influence. I'm not saying all parents and AAU coaches are bad. It's just that they see more ability in their players than what they show on the floor.

How about this high school situation that I just became aware of? A girl from my hometown open enrolled as a freshman at a neighboring school that has better athletic programs and she played on youth basketball teams with some players at that school. As a freshman she was a varsity member of the golf and basketball teams that went to the state tournament. As a sophomore she was a member of a state tournament golf team and a sectional basketball team, but apparently didn't like the environment of the school. The rumor is that she will now transfer to a third school to be with some girls who play for an AAU team that is coached by this girls dad and the dad of one of her AAU teammates from this new school. This new school is a Division 5 school instead of the Division 3 school she was attending and they don't have a girls golf team and get this, she has to drive through 3 school districts to get to this school, which is 40 miles one way from home. Her dad then approached the golf coach of the school district they live in to see if she could play with that schools golf team, so he's asking for her to play golf at a school district that has had to fork out around $15,000 so far so she can attend other public schools. The only way she could play golf is if her new high school could petition her to be on a co-op team with a neighboring school and who knows how the WIAA would rule on that.

Parents are fucked up in a lot of instances and do they think that maybe her open enrolling into districts and taking playing time away from others might be a reason she didn't feel comfortable there and what about this new school? They've been in the last 2 Division 5 state tournaments and how do some of the girls coming up feel about a new girl coming in?
I feel like I should respond to this. I know you have taken shots at AAU in the past and you are lessening that by saying not all AAU coaches are bad. However, I am questioning why you are singling out AAU. I know of many cases where HS coaches are responsible for transfers as well. I know of a coach of a state championship team that described the success of their program due to the recruiting kids from other districts. Of course this was after a few beers while sitting in a hot tub. I know of a girl who is transferring into another school district because that coach recruited her to the school. This girl is in 6th grade!

The transfer issue is not just due to parents and AAU coaches. I think you have to look at the much larger picture. The first is the sharp rise of organized sports. Kids are no longer learning their game in parks and driveways. Not only do they play on club teams, they go to trainers. The amount of money that parents put into organized sports is insane. With the dollars, time, and hard work that goes into a kid's interest in a sport, they don't want to watch their kid sit on the bench.

Second, we live in a world of instant gratification. This is probably the biggest reason for transfers. We are all guilty of this. When your web page does not load within five seconds, how angry do you get? How many times do you look at your phone per hour? In addition, kids do not need adults for information. They have their phones for that. So, kids don't want to wait their turn on the bench. They are condition for instant gratification. Add in all the participation awards and attitudes for always trying to be fair, this generation is all about what's in it for me.

TedBaxter
05-30-2017, 03:54 PM
I feel like I should respond to this. I know you have taken shots at AAU in the past and you are lessening that by saying not all AAU coaches are bad. However, I am questioning why you are singling out AAU. I know of many cases where HS coaches are responsible for transfers as well. I know of a coach of a state championship team that described the success of their program due to the recruiting kids from other districts. Of course this was after a few beers while sitting in a hot tub. I know of a girl who is transferring into another school district because that coach recruited her to the school. This girl is in 6th grade!

The transfer issue is not just due to parents and AAU coaches. I think you have to look at the much larger picture. The first is the sharp rise of organized sports. Kids are no longer learning their game in parks and driveways. Not only do they play on club teams, they go to trainers. The amount of money that parents put into organized sports is insane. With the dollars, time, and hard work that goes into a kid's interest in a sport, they don't want to watch their kid sit on the bench.

Second, we live in a world of instant gratification. This is probably the biggest reason for transfers. We are all guilty of this. When your web page does not load within five seconds, how angry do you get? How many times do you look at your phone per hour? In addition, kids do not need adults for information. They have their phones for that. So, kids don't want to wait their turn on the bench. They are condition for instant gratification. Add in all the participation awards and attitudes for always trying to be fair, this generation is all about what's in it for me.

Good points. You have a PM.

IWB
05-31-2017, 08:48 AM
Crisco - I know you have good points and I know you do a great job with your program. Yes, there are good AAU coaches and bad AAU coaches. There are good high school coaches and bad high school coaches. There are good parents and bad parents.

But...I would like to point out a massive difference between girls AAU and boys AAU. SHOE COMPANIES.

No, I am not just talking about sponsorships. My kid plays AAU right now and I can walk into any tournament and immediately point out half a dozen coaches that have no idea what they are doing, but are coaching some of the best, most powerful programs out there. Why? Some day hoping to cash in.

Examples -

Player 1 - AAU Coach forced him to go pro early. AAU coach got a cut of his contract and also a cut of his shoe contract.

Player 2 - Handler/wanna be agent got a cut of his contract, got a cut of his shoe contract.

Player 3 - Big time player - since he went pro, his AAU coach and shoe company contact pretty much follow him around the country, every city, every game. Hmm...why?

All three examples are different shoe companies. All three examples started here in Milwaukee.

You see so many crap coaches preying on young kids, usually those of single mothers. I was in a meeting for a 6th grade team a couple of years ago. Parents of probably 15-20 kids, where the coach said, "Every player here is good enough to get a college scholarship." Really? I could point to 13-18 of them that are not.

I can give examples of parents taking cash, I can give examples of parents taking cash for delivering someone else's kid. It all ties to the sleazy side of AAU, and I don't know that it exists as much on the girls side as it does on the boys side simply because of the potential size of the NBA salaries and shoe company contracts.

Again Crisco, I understand everything that you said and agree, but the potential 'gold mine' that a superstar with a shoe contract can be on the boys side brings these tools out of the woodwork.

Goose85
05-31-2017, 10:45 AM
An example is Lonzo Ball. He was offered $10 million over 5 years from the major shoe companies before the Lakers got the 2nd pick. Now that the big market LA Lakers have a chance to draft him the number could be $20 million. Of course he is in a different spot as his Dad screwed up those chances, but that is the type of money the shoe guys throw around.

IWB
05-31-2017, 11:22 AM
Based on the examples I listed above, if the handler, whether AAU coach or otherwise, was on the take and had some juice? They might say, "Get him to sign with us and we'll give you $250k." And an agent might say, "Get him to sign with us and we'll give you 2%."

That is how it works on the guys side of things. So, if he signs a $50million dollar deal and the handler gets 2%? That is a cool mil + the $250k.

Mucrisco
05-31-2017, 12:59 PM
IWB,

I do understand what you are talking about and I do know the difference between the boy's side and the girl's side. When people ask me if I am ever going to add boy's teams, mostly because of everything that I offer and they want their sons to get the same benefits. I tell them that I don't want to deal with all the drama and the extras that comes with boy's teams.

Still, I always take exception when people generalize about AAU basketball. I know tons of coaches on the boy's side and some that coach with shoe sponsored teams. I know people that run RAS, Focus, Playground Elite, and people who coach in Swish, Playground Warriors etc. These same coaches are in it for the right reasons. They want to see their kids do well and they want to teach kids life lessons that they might not otherwise receive. Even on the boys side, the teams that are sponsored by shoe companies are a small portion of the overall picture. There may be clubs that claim that they are sponsored by shoe companies. In reality, they just get discounted prices. Even girl's clubs are "sponsored" by shoe companies. There are actually some that are, but those are only the truly elite. My own club has had offers to be "sponsored" but that means being forced to wear their stuff and going to tournaments we might not want to go to only for discounted prices. So I say no thanks. On the boys side, only the truly elite clubs are sponsored. Those are the ones that play on the Nike circuit or the Adidas circuit. Under Armor is more of a grassroots program where really anyone can get "sponsored." There are a ton of players that earn scholarships to D1 schools that are not part of the truly shoe sponsored teams.

As for guys that don't know what they are doing with talented players, that is not really that much related to the original post, but I can say the same thing about HS coaches. It is truly hard to find a good coach these days. And it's hard to find a good ref. Funny thing is that everyone thinks that they are a coach or a ref and a lot certainly make that known while they are yelling in the stands. With AAU coaches, you have to remember that they are disadvantaged compared to HS coaches. They don't get 5 days of practice with a team in a gym. They can't run their set plays over and over again, each day. They can't prepare for every situation that they encounter. Teams are fighting for gym space, and many times, a practice may get cancelled because that school needs the gym. Most of the time, not all of their players are at a practice because they play other spring sports. The good coaches don't spend their time going over plays and different defenses, because they understand the spring and summer time is for player development. So, when you are watching these guys coach in the gym, most of them are having to do things on the fly and mostly relying on what kids learned at their HS or grade school. Talking with boys coaches, we have found out that HS coaches are not teaching things that they should be learning. That's on the boys side and the girls side. Furthermore, the ultimate goal is not the same for AAU coaches as it is for HS coaches. HS coaches want to win a state championship. That's not the goal of an AAU program. Depending on what type of a clubs it is, their goals are to develop their kids skills and to showcase them to college coaches. Those college coaches are not watching these games to see how good someone can coach. They don't want the coach to be a remote control. A college coach told me that they went to a HS game and she would rather stab herself in the eye with a rusty nail than what she was watching. Both teams were running the Swing. While that can be a very effective offense, especially in HS, the cuts are very robotic, the way HS teams run it.

Instead, these coaches want to watch what they players can do. They want to see their talent. I was talking with a Blue Star evaluator, asking him how I can help my kids better, and he told me that sometimes it hurts them that they are well coached. Keep in mind that I just run an equal opportunity motion offense so that kids can showcase their skills. But, sometimes, I need to let my kids go one on one with someone, even if it's not good team ball.

So, there lies the decisions that an AAU coach has to make. You have to be a successful team because no one wants to play on a losing team and you will lose players. You also have to win because then you play in the games that coaches will watch. However, you can't coach them up too much because you have to allow for the players to showcase their skills to college coaches.

So, the reason why I respond is because AAU basketball always seem to be a punching bag for things. So, I defend it. I completely understand that parents are crazy. I have to deal with parents pretty much when I wake up until I go to bed. I understand the shoe companies are crazy. I understand how coaches tell players they will get them scholarships. That's not just on the boys side. People try to recruit my kids away all the time by saying that. But why does AAU basketball always have to be the punching bag? I can give you tons of examples why HS athletics is a problem. I started to give more examples, but that probably isn't wide for me to do on the public board. I think in this instance, TedBaxter was missing the bigger picture and that's why I pointed that out.

I've gone to probably more coach's clinic than anyone on this board. The major topics recently have been about the new generation of kids. It's about how their attention spans are short. It's about how they need to know what's in it for them. That's the reason why there are so many transfers. It's not just about bad advice. These clinics that I attend involve the biggest names in basketball.

I will say that NCAA coaches are starting to fight back about the problems that you and Ted Baxter bring up. Now, AAU coaches have to register with USA basketball. So, background screening might be better. Still, you will always have shady people involved. Moreover, all the athletes have to register with the NCAA and give their own personal contact info. Before, AAU programs use to put their own contact info for the players so that the NCAA had to go through them. Now, they can bypass the AAU coaches. Finally, NCAA coaches have threatened to boycott AAU tournaments. Many tournament organizers charge a ton of money to these college coaches, not only to attend, but for the information packets that they collect when AAU teams have to register.

Edit: BTW, it is not my intention to argue with IWB and TedBaxter. I greatly respect both and I consider IWB to be a good friend. Even though I barely have time to anymore, I love getting in good discussions like this, as long as it remains in an adult tone, and this topic is obviously one that is close to me. So, I am just trying to advance the discussion.

Nukem2
05-31-2017, 01:28 PM
And it's not just the short attention span, it's getting their attention in the first place. Kids are growing up in a far different world than most of us. Mostly due to technology.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-04-2017, 06:40 AM
What has to stop is calling it an epidemic as though it's a bad thing. Players transfer both up and down because of poor fits, coaching changes, exposure, and playing time, among other reasons. Coaches encourage players to transfer for similar reasons. The kid doesn't fit, new coaches, personality conflicts, to open scholarships, and often because it genuinely benefits both parties.

Looking back at the past decade, we've had Scott Christopherson, Trevor Mbakwe, Patrick Hazel, Jeronne Maymon, Erik Williams, Yous Mbao, Reggie Smith, Jamail Jones, Jamal Ferguson, Jameel McKay, Steve Taylor, John Dawson, Deonte Burton, Sandy Cohen, Traci Carter, and Duane Wilson transfer out. I may have missed some, but that's 15 transfers in 10 years. Of those, I'd say 6 (SC, TM, PH, STJr, JD, DB) were down to coaching changes and 5 (EW, YM, JJ, JF, SC) were players in over their head. Of the other 5, Maymon I'd blame on a helicopter father, Smith is still just inexplicable (though looking at his post MU career he probably was over his head), McKay had a different sort of helicopter, Carter felt recruited over, and Wilson seemed fairly amicable and understandable on both sides.

I'd guess Marquette is fairly average. 1.5 transfers per year and 80-90% for perfectly rational reasons that benefitted both sides. To me, Mbakwe and McKay are the only two where I look back and think "what the...".

The "transfer epidemic" isn't that at all. It's a positive that has allowed players to seek challenges appropriate to their level of play and allowed coaches to better tailor their rosters both through forced attrition and addition. Many programs like Gonzaga are realizing this is an opportunity to develop and improve their program. Marquette seems to be following suit. They are adjusting to the new dynamics. It's time the ones complaining start doing the same.

MUMac
06-04-2017, 11:24 AM
What has to stop is calling it an epidemic as though it's a bad thing. Players transfer both up and down because of poor fits, coaching changes, exposure, and playing time, among other reasons. Coaches encourage players to transfer for similar reasons. The kid doesn't fit, new coaches, personality conflicts, to open scholarships, and often because it genuinely benefits both parties.

Looking back at the past decade, we've had Scott Christopherson, Trevor Mbakwe, Patrick Hazel, Jeronne Maymon, Erik Williams, Yous Mbao, Reggie Smith, Jamail Jones, Jamal Ferguson, Jameel McKay, Steve Taylor, John Dawson, Deonte Burton, Sandy Cohen, Traci Carter, and Duane Wilson transfer out. I may have missed some, but that's 15 transfers in 10 years. Of those, I'd say 6 (SC, TM, PH, STJr, JD, DB) were down to coaching changes and 5 (EW, YM, JJ, JF, SC) were players in over their head. Of the other 5, Maymon I'd blame on a helicopter father, Smith is still just inexplicable (though looking at his post MU career he probably was over his head), McKay had a different sort of helicopter, Carter felt recruited over, and Wilson seemed fairly amicable and understandable on both sides.

I'd guess Marquette is fairly average. 1.5 transfers per year and 80-90% for perfectly rational reasons that benefitted both sides. To me, Mbakwe and McKay are the only two where I look back and think "what the...".

The "transfer epidemic" isn't that at all. It's a positive that has allowed players to seek challenges appropriate to their level of play and allowed coaches to better tailor their rosters both through forced attrition and addition. Many programs like Gonzaga are realizing this is an opportunity to develop and improve their program. Marquette seems to be following suit. They are adjusting to the new dynamics. It's time the ones complaining start doing the same.

I would add Blankson to that list. Though, the midseason transfers, such as Burton and Carter were head scratchers to me.

TheSultan
06-04-2017, 11:28 AM

Well said.

I also think we place too much to blame the kids when coaches do a lot to create transfers from their programs as well.

Phantom Warrior
06-04-2017, 12:26 PM
There were a couple of other "head-scratchers" including Gabe Levin and T. J. Taylor. Neither even made it through the summer after transferring in to MU. There were rumors about Taylor missing his girlfriend or something similar.

Nukem2
06-04-2017, 12:56 PM
There were a couple of other "head-scratchers" including Gabe Levin and T. J. Taylor. Neither even made it through the summer after transferring in to MU. There were rumors about Taylor missing his girlfriend or something similar.

Levin probably did not want to sit behind Henry. Taylor never participated in anything in his short stay as he apparently had some enrollment issues from what I heard. Don't think those were head scratchers so much.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-04-2017, 02:33 PM
I would add Blankson to that list. Though, the midseason transfers, such as Burton and Carter were head scratchers to me.

Blankson was before the last decade, but agreed.

Forgot Levin and Taylor, but I think Levin felt recruited over (like Carter) while Taylor...yeah that was just weird too. But still, 1.8 transfers per year with two coaching changes and really maybe 3/18 that were at all perplexing in retrospect seems like it's working how it should be.

And while some caught us off guard (Deonte) I think with the benefit of hindsight and knowing how family situation, they become easier to understand.

IWB
06-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Nuke mentioned the attention span - I liked Tony Curro's Tweet during the high school season. It was something like, "How can a kid not stay eligible to play for his team, yet be smart enough to have a PHD in social media?"

BrewCity77 - Some of the guys on your list "may have been" either academic casualties or asked to leave for other reasons, so it is always a crap shoot as far as why someone "transferred".

A while back I was breaking it down for a story but stopped as I didn't want to rub anyone the wrong way. Here it is, coach by coach for the last three coaches...

Tom Crean - 12 departures over 9 years, 1.33 per year.
Ryan Amoroso, Krunti Hester, Ron Howard, Kevin Menard, Dameon Mason, Niv Berkowitz, Brandon Bell, Karon Bradley, Carlton Christian, James Matthews, Odartay Blankson, Matt Mortenson

Buzz Williams - 13 departures over 6 years, 2.16 per year.
Jamal Ferguson, Brett Roseboro, Jamail Jones, Reggie Smith, Erik Williams, Jeronne Maymon, Youssapha Mbao, Patrick Hazel, Trevor Mbakwe, Scott Christopherson, Dave Singleton, Jameel McKay, TJ Taylor

Steve Wojciechowski - 9 departures over 3 years, 3.0 per year
Wally Ellenson, Traci Carter, Deonte Burton, Sandy Cohen, John Dawson, Duane Wilson, Todd Mayo, Steve Taylor, Game Levin

The above is a perfect example of the trend in college hoops. When you look at today's numbers vs the number of D1 teams, it comes out to about 3 per team per year which is insane. That means for every team that doesn't have one, there is a team out there with six!

Phantom Warrior
06-05-2017, 09:44 AM
IWB,

Let's look at your lists chronologically by class. Start with Crean.

Hester. Was not even close to a high-major player - total mistake by Deane - and both Hester and Crean knew it.

ODB. Foolish decision by ODB. Crean did not want him to leave and was blindsided when he did. ODB got bad advice. Huge loss. MU would have made the Dance in '04 had he stayed.

Howard. Would have probably never been a starter at MU but had a decent career at Valpo. Probably smart decision on his part if he wanted minutes.

Menard. Transferred to either D-3 or NAIA, not sure which. Crean's first big recruiting mistake. Good move by Menard. Crean certainly did not fight it, probably encouraged it.

Bradley. Would have been a contributor but probably never a starter at MU. Like Howard, made good decision if he wanted more playing time. No idea how Crean felt about his leaving.

Berkowitz. Weird situation. Nothing like it really before or since. Would have loved to see him stick it out and see if he developed and adapted to college game but probably a good move for both him and MU.

Matthews. HUGE mistake by Crean, and there were all sorts of warning signs. No one cried when he left.

Christian. Another mistake by Crean - reached and got burned. Don't think he ever finished college after transferring.

Bell. Another weird situation. Pretty well thought of coming in, both as a player and as a person. Showed a few glimpses as a frosh but then hit the skids. Reportedly there were other issues as well. Almost certainly a good move for both him and MU to start fresh.

Mason. Unusual situation. Part-time starter as a frosh, regular starter as a soph, but then came the Amigos. Writing on the wall and DM decided to leave. But health issues derailed his career at LSU. Would have been nice had he stuck it out at MU, but he wasn't going to play ahead of Jerel and Wesley.

Amoroso. Good have been a solid contributor for four years, but apparently did not have the kind of attitude/work ethic Crean wanted and became a distraction. After he was banned by TC from traveling with the team, the writing was on the proverbial wall. Good move for MU that he took his reported baggage to San Diego.

Maybe more (Buzz and Wojo) later if I have some time.

IWB
06-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Forgot about Mortenson. Edited above.

TheSultan
06-05-2017, 10:33 AM
T.J. Taylor was a legit transfer in that he was on campus and enrolled. But I think he left after a week. I believe he had to sit for a year after he transferred to North Texas.

IWB
06-05-2017, 10:36 AM
I don't know that he was here a full week, but I thought they didn't/couldn't get him into school, so how would he have been enrolled?

Either way, I will add him to list.

Nukem2
06-05-2017, 10:46 AM
T.J. Taylor was a legit transfer in that he was on campus and enrolled. But I think he left after a week. I believe he had to sit for a year after he transferred to North Texas.
Brett Roseboro was here for a whole summer session but did not enroll as a full time student in the fall. As suych, he was able to get a release and played immediately at St. Bonaventure. TJ had apparently some kind of academic/transcript issue with his juco transfer.

IWB
06-05-2017, 11:23 AM
I remember being at one of the kids camps. The players all coach their teams. Roseboro stood there like a statue. Other players that were walking by this particular game kept trying to help him, saying, "Come on man - you got to get your guys excited - help them have fun!" And the guys would yell to his team to encourage the kids... but no matter how many times it happened, he still just stood there like a statue.

TheSultan
06-05-2017, 11:26 AM
Brett Roseboro was here for a whole summer session but did not enroll as a full time student in the fall. As suych, he was able to get a release and played immediately at St. Bonaventure. TJ had apparently some kind of academic/transcript issue with his juco transfer.

Yeah that's right. It all seems like a dream.

Goose85
06-05-2017, 12:10 PM
What about that big guy with the heart issue, McMorrow. Does he count as a transfer? Not sure as he wasn't cleared medically.

TheSultan
06-05-2017, 12:17 PM
What about that big guy with the heart issue, McMorrow. Does he count as a transfer? Not sure as he wasn't cleared medically.

He wasn't cleared medically but ended up playing again - East Tennessee?

Nukem2
06-05-2017, 12:26 PM
He wasn't cleared medically but ended up playing again - East Tennessee?Close. It was Tennessee Tech.

Wehling
06-06-2017, 07:05 AM

I don't think he counts.