PDA

View Full Version : Bucks vs Raptors

mufan2003
04-20-2017, 12:48 PM
Thought I would start this thread to discuss the ongoing series.

"The Bucks are wearing their Black “Fear The Deer” Alternate jerseys complete with the playoff debut of the “Fear The Deer” alternate court at the BMO Harris Bradley Center."

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/playoff-game-guide-game-3

MU/Panther
04-20-2017, 01:18 PM
I'm sure the court will be the Fear the Deer court they only use 4 times per year.

Goose85
04-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Thought I would start this thread to discuss the ongoing series.

"The Bucks are wearing their Black “Fear The Deer” Alternate jerseys complete with the playoff debut of the “Fear The Deer” alternate court at the BMO Harris Bradley Center."

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/playoff-game-guide-game-3

And all fans are getting black shirts too, so they are hoping for a blackout to go along with the Fear The Dear alternate court and jersey.
Should be a great environment as I believe the place is sold out and ready to rock!

I think the home energy, and my opinion that the Bucks are actually a better team, will bring home a win and ensure we will get a home game 6.

Just can't have Ibaka play like all world, and we need to hit a few 3s. Teletovic has sure been off with his 3 point shot.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-20-2017, 04:22 PM
I'm sticking by my prediction of the Raptors in 6, but I think tonight is going to be a lot of fun... glad to see they are making this series fun and the MKE fans are backing the team. This should pay dividends for next season when I think the Bucks can be a top 4 seed in the East.

mufan2003
04-20-2017, 08:20 PM
Aaron Rodgers, Martellus Bennett and Brett Hundley are in the building. Unbelievable atmosphere and 1st half!

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-21-2017, 06:47 AM
Wow... what a game, out played Toronto from start to finish... now the Bucks have to be on guard for a letdown game in Game 4... if they can pull out Game 4 which I think everyone anticipates will be much closer, they essentially lock up the series and break Toronto's will... lose game 4 and it's right back to a grind. This team is doing some pretty special things right now.

MU/Panther
04-21-2017, 08:21 AM
Were you the Bucks fan from Houston that called in to the postgame on WSSP?

Goose85
04-21-2017, 08:29 AM
What a fun game to watch, and it sounds like a great game atmosphere. Should just add to the excitement for game 4 on Saturday.

The Bucks really got to Ibaka, who has been killing us, and with him off his game we will be Toronto every time.

I know there is a lot of construction going on in the area, but are there any plans for a 'live block' type set up for Saturday?

MU/Panther
04-21-2017, 08:41 AM
The pre-game party was set-up on 4th and State last night on all the shots on TV.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Were you the Bucks fan from Houston that called in to the postgame on WSSP?

I was not, there are quite a few folks from Wisconsin living down here though so its not a surprise.

MUfan12
04-21-2017, 10:32 AM
What a building last night. The ATL series in 2010 had some good crowds, but this was a step above that. I think everyone sensed some blood in the water after the first two games.

Big, big opportunity on Saturday. Need to have the same energy level because Toronto is gonna throw everything at 'em.

MU/Panther
04-21-2017, 10:50 AM
I can't think the building for a 2pm on a Saturday won't be better than last nights game, as long as the Bucks play well, of course.

Goose85
04-21-2017, 03:52 PM
The BC is so big it takes a bit to get it loud, but sell out crowds and a lot of excitement sure do show that we have been and can be a NBA town.

Less drinking before the game might impact some, but I'm sure the watering holes will do well post game with the Brewer game on TV.

mufan2003
04-21-2017, 07:16 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2017/04/21/around-web-time-fear-deer/100739176/

mufan2003
04-22-2017, 04:35 PM
Frustrating loss. Offense became stagnant in the 2nd half, players looked indecisive and tentative. Giannis with his first poor game. DeRozan had his best game in the series.

Really want to win Monday to set up the opportunity to clinch at home in game 6. The odds are not good for a road team in game 7.

MU/Panther
04-22-2017, 06:21 PM
I was the game today. My first playoff game, since game 6 vs the Hawks. That game the Bucks had 69 points for the game. Ugggh.

mufan2003
04-22-2017, 07:19 PM
I was the game today. My first playoff game, since game 6 vs the Hawks. That game the Bucks had 69 points for the game. Ugggh.

The weather cooperated, a great day to be a part of the pre-game pep rally. Just think how much better it will be with the new arena, entertainment district and 4th street closed off.

MU/Panther
04-22-2017, 08:21 PM
It's amazing how much taller the new arena is than the Bradley Center.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-22-2017, 10:44 PM
Today was especially frustrating because it was there for the taking. The Raptors never really ran away with it, but Milwaukee just couldn't get the ball to go through the hoops. I have a feeling the Bucks are really going to regret losing this one.

MU/Panther
04-23-2017, 07:24 AM
20 turnovers is a killer!

Goose85
04-23-2017, 08:37 AM
On a positive note, when you shoot poorly, turn the ball over, let Derozan score at will and are still in the game bodes well for the rest of the series if we can just improve or play our normal game and reduce errors.

MU/Panther
04-24-2017, 11:10 AM
Raptors are a 6 point favorite.

Goose85
04-24-2017, 12:41 PM
I'll take the Bucks and the points.

mufan2003
04-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Raptors are a 6 point favorite.

The point differential of game 2, 106-100.

Does not sound like Giannis was happy with his performance in game 4:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2017/04/23/notes-antetokounmpo-serious-mood/100738632/

mufan2003
04-24-2017, 03:01 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2017/04/24/kidd-says-no-bucks-lineup-changes-planned-game-5/100823366/

mufan2003
04-24-2017, 08:06 PM
Norman Powell is playing like an All-Star. The guy can't miss. Memories of Jean Felix from Alabama in 2006 against MU.

25 points, 8-11 FG, 4-4 3FG, 5-5 FT.

mufan2003
04-24-2017, 09:09 PM
12 three-pointers for Toronto on 44.4% shooting. Once again, Bucks don't defend the 3-point line adequately. Then again, Toronto was scoring at all 3 levels. 57.7% FG shooting and 92.3% from the FT line. Toronto seems to be getting away with a lot of grabbing defensively and putting their hands on the Bucks players. A series win is looking unlikely now, but hope the Bucks win game 6 and force a game 7. The experience will be good for this young team.

mufansince72
04-24-2017, 10:56 PM
Prior to this series I was worried about Monroe opting out of his contract after this season. I am not worried anymore. Bucks play more half court with Monroe on the floor. They seem to be more of a transition team when Maker is on the court. If Monroe opts out, they will go with Maker, Henson, and Hawes next year and be just fine. Maybe they can use Monroe's salary to sign a key free agent who is a shooter and defender. I love Monroe, but I can see his days are numbered. I thought Maker was a wasted draft pick when it was made, but I can tell he is going to be very good once he gets a little stronger.

Goose85
04-25-2017, 08:17 AM
I'll take the Bucks and the points.

Wow was I wrong. Ouch! Thankfully I don't have a connection to act on my foolish prognostications.

mufan2003
04-25-2017, 02:50 PM
Prior to this series I was worried about Monroe opting out of his contract after this season. I am not worried anymore. Bucks play more half court with Monroe on the floor. They seem to be more of a transition team when Maker is on the court. If Monroe opts out, they will go with Maker, Henson, and Hawes next year and be just fine. Maybe they can use Monroe's salary to sign a key free agent who is a shooter and defender. I love Monroe, but I can see his days are numbered. I thought Maker was a wasted draft pick when it was made, but I can tell he is going to be very good once he gets a little stronger.

I would be fine if Monroe exercises his player option for 1 more season. He accepts coming off the bench and is instant offense. In addition, the Bucks still have Jabari Parker under his rookie contract and Middleton getting about $14 million per year (both bargains under the current CBA). If Henson was in the Bucks plans, he would have seen some time in the playoffs.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-25-2017, 04:02 PM
If Monroe walks you have some serious concerns about that second team unit, without him they have been incredibly stagnant.

Goose85
04-25-2017, 04:56 PM
If Monroe walks you have some serious concerns about that second team unit, without him they have been incredibly stagnant.

I just think that Monroe exercises his option and stays with the Bucks. I don't think he would get $18 mil next year on the open market, then again Teletovic and Delly are both making close to $10mil. Monroe and Maker offset each other pretty well I think. Allows the Bucks to play matchups.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-27-2017, 09:10 PM
Tough way for the season to finish. Make some free throws and you win that game. With that said, what a season, and the future is SO bright. These Bucks are so fun to watch and I'm looking forward to the next 10-15 years.

mufansince72
04-27-2017, 09:25 PM
Tough way for the season to finish. Make some free throws and you win that game. With that said, what a season, and the future is SO bright. These Bucks are so fun to watch and I'm looking forward to the next 10-15 years.

Very nice season, but I still think they need a coaching change. Kidd doesn't do it for me.

mufan2003
04-27-2017, 11:33 PM
It hurts. I love this City. Marquette first, Bucks a close 2nd.

Goose85
04-28-2017, 08:47 AM
Showed we belong, and had a real good chance if we can a couple free throws.

I think the Bucks are now an attractive NBA team, not to the top free agents, but certainly to players that are on that second line.

Do well in the draft, continue to improve the players here, hopefully move some contracts, and take that next step to a top 4 seed next season. Reasons to be optimistic.

mufansince72
04-28-2017, 12:04 PM
Showed we belong, and had a real good chance if we can a couple free throws.

I think the Bucks are now an attractive NBA team, not to the top free agents, but certainly to players that are on that second line.

Do well in the draft, continue to improve the players here, hopefully move some contracts, and take that next step to a top 4 seed next season. Reasons to be optimistic.

I was thinking the other day that a guy like CP3 may be exactly what the Bucks need. Then Scott Van Pelt kind of hinted at the same thing on Sportscenter last night. He said their may be a certain high profile west coast point guard who is tired of having to compete in the West and can't get out of the first round. A team like the Bucks, with a budding superstar, moving into a new arena, might be attractive as the path to a deeper playoff run would appear easier in the East. I think that would also make a lot of sense as CP3 and Brogdon could also play together in the backcourt a ton.

Goose85
04-28-2017, 03:10 PM
I was thinking the other day that a guy like CP3 may be exactly what the Bucks need. Then Scott Van Pelt kind of hinted at the same thing on Sportscenter last night. He said their may be a certain high profile west coast point guard who is tired of having to compete in the West and can't get out of the first round. A team like the Bucks, with a budding superstar, moving into a new arena, might be attractive as the path to a deeper playoff run would appear easier in the East. I think that would also make a lot of sense as CP3 and Brogdon could also play together in the backcourt a ton.

Quit getting my hopes up. Now that type of FA move would be huge for the Bucks. When you think about it that does make some sense. The top team is really the Cavs, and at some point it is possible all the hoops played may take a toll on Lebron. Hopefully that is when the Bucks are primed to make a move.

MUfan12
04-28-2017, 04:12 PM
There'd have to be some serious reshuffling of the deck to be able to sign CP3. Bucks are right up against the cap as it is.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-29-2017, 09:12 AM
If the Bucks signed CP3 that would immediately make them a top 2 team in the East this next year, but I believe it would mean that he would have to take a pay cut and Monroe would have to move on. Really wish they could find a trade partner for Henson too.

mufan2003
04-29-2017, 01:26 PM
http://hoopshype.com/2017/04/26/nba-free-agency-2017-the-top-players/

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-29-2017, 01:45 PM
While I think we all know that CP3 is a pipe dream, I think George Hill or Jeff Teague could be realistic targets. Would have to move Delly most likely, but I don't know that it would be too terribly hard to do.

Goose85
05-01-2017, 01:01 PM
I would think on the relatively inexpensive end, would Kyle Korver be a better outside shooting option than Teletovic?

On one hand it is nice to dream when looking at that list, and thinking what would go with the Bucks current makeup.

On the other hand, if we can somehow move Henson and/or Teletovic that would clear $11 mil or if both $22 mil per year. I normally would not think that possible, but Hammond moved Plumlee so who knows. Anyway, to make such a move the Bucks may have to part with a first rounder or something else of value.
That just might free up enough money to make a bigger FA jump.