PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Seeding / Matchups

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-09-2017, 09:00 PM
Well with two games left things are beginning to clear up as it pertains to seedlings and matchups. With the win yesterday the Bucks have clinched a playoff spot, and with a win in either of their next two games would lock in a 6 seed at worst. Unfortauntely the 5 seed is gonna be real tough because Atlanta would have to lose both of their next two games (vs. CHA & @IND)... this is a bit of a bummer for me because I hoped Atlanta would drop both against Cleveland especially given they rested 5 starters in one game, and had a 26 point deficit in the 4th quarter of the second game... but alas they won both and made it tough for the Bucks to finish 5th. As for the 7th and 8th seeds the Bucks would have to lose out, and Chicago or Indy would have to win out as the Bucks hold the tie breakers with both. So basically the Bucks are most likely the 6 seed...

Now with that said, the way it sits right now the only possible opponents the Bucks could face in that 6 seed are Boston, Washington, and Toronto. The most likely of the three being Toronto by a long shot... not sure this is the best matchup for the Bucks, but it will be nice to be back in the playoffs, and you hope they can have a good showing and take them to 7 games.

mufansince72
04-10-2017, 12:40 AM
Well with two games left things are beginning to clear up as it pertains to seedlings and matchups. With the win yesterday the Bucks have clinched a playoff spot, and with a win in either of their next two games would lock in a 6 seed at worst. Unfortauntely the 5 seed is gonna be real tough because Atlanta would have to lose both of their next two games (vs. CHA & @IND)... this is a bit of a bummer for me because I hoped Atlanta would drop both against Cleveland especially given they rested 5 starters in one game, and had a 26 point deficit in the 4th quarter of the second game... but alas they won both and made it tough for the Bucks to finish 5th. As for the 7th and 8th seeds the Bucks would have to lose out, and Chicago or Indy would have to win out as the Bucks hold the tie breakers with both. So basically the Bucks are most likely the 6 seed...

Now with that said, the way it sits right now the only possible opponents the Bucks could face in that 6 seed are Boston, Washington, and Toronto. The most likely of the three being Toronto by a long shot... not sure this is the best matchup for the Bucks, but it will be nice to be back in the playoffs, and you hope they can have a good showing and take them to 7 games.

I think the Bucks could give all three of them a decent series.

mufan2003
04-10-2017, 03:03 PM
It will be good to be back in the playoffs. I might actually favor the Bucks as the #6 seed, assuming Cleveland gets the #1 (although they are tied with Boston with 2 games left). If the Bucks surprised with a first round win (unlikely), I would rather face Boston than Cleveland in the 2nd round. Regardless, it will be good to have playoff basketball back, and hopefully no more back concerns for Brogdon.

http://stats.nba.com/playoffs/

mufan2003
04-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Milwaukee is guaranteed no worse than the #6 seed with the win tonight. For the #5 seed, Milwaukee must win Wednesday and Atlanta lose their last 2 games. Might be wise to rest Giannis, Middleton, etc on Wednesday. At least limit their minutes.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-10-2017, 10:28 PM
I think with the Celtics winning tonight, and the Bucks locking in the 6 seed we can only finish 5th or most likely 6th and could only matchup with Washington or most likely Toronto. I would much rather play Washington than Toronto personally. At the end of the day I think our ability to give someone a series will be based off of which Bucks team shows up, Jan Bucks? Or March Bucks?

MUfan12
04-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Assuming Atlanta wins tomorrow, the Bucks will basically let Boston wrap up the one seed. I gotta think they'll give a lot run to the bench guys if they're locked in at 6.

Goose85
04-12-2017, 11:20 AM
I think Toronto is a bad matchup for us, would have rather played Washington. Happy to have playoff basketball.

MU/Panther
04-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Hope the schedule comes out tonight.

Kidd Karma
04-12-2017, 02:42 PM
Middleton, Snell, Delly and Giannis did not make the trip to Boston. Interesting, Brogdon is starting.

mufan2003
04-12-2017, 10:38 PM
Hope the schedule comes out tonight.

Game 1 Saturday at 4:30pm central time.

mufan2003
04-13-2017, 07:19 AM
Complete 1st-round playoff schedule:

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/nba-playoffs-first-round-schedule

MU/Panther
04-13-2017, 09:52 AM
Good, a home game on a Saturday. Those prices are high. Oh, well.

Goose85
04-15-2017, 09:08 PM
A big get on game one beating Toronto in Toronto.
Bucks looked good, especially with Middleton having an off shooting night.

Fun game to watch. Now wait until Tuesday.

mufan2003
04-16-2017, 09:07 AM
A big get on game one beating Toronto in Toronto.
Bucks looked good, especially with Middleton having an off shooting night.

Fun game to watch. Now wait until Tuesday.

Great win. I figured they would lose game 1. Giannis was Giannis. Brogdon played like the ROY. Maker with some key blocked shots to start the 2nd half. Monroe was outstanding....scoring, rebounding and passing out of the post.

Goose85
04-16-2017, 09:10 AM
Great win. I figured they would lose game 1. Giannis was Giannis. Brogdon played like the ROY. Maker with some key blocked shots to start the 2nd half. Monroe was outstanding....scoring, rebounding and passing out of the post.

I'm with you on game one. Was hoping somehow the Bucks could steal a game in Toronto, but wasn't optimistic.
The Bucks didn't steal game one, they went out at took game 1 and made a statement.

mufan2003
04-18-2017, 09:32 PM
Thought the Bucks might get another road win when Giannis hit the 3 to tie it with just over a minute left. Toronto was 14-29 from 3 (48%). Defending the 3 better in Milwaukee will be key. Bucks turn to have the crowd behind them.

mufansince72
04-18-2017, 10:58 PM
Good, a home game on a Saturday. Those prices are high. Oh, well.

The tickets were dirt cheap. Don't know where they are now. I bought the "And1" package about three weeks ago. It included the last home game against Charlotte, and the first two playoff games for a whopping total of $35 for all three games. Granted these were upper level, but they are in low letter rows like "E and F"

MU/Panther
04-19-2017, 07:49 AM
The tickets were dirt cheap. Don't know where they are now. I bought the "And1" package about three weeks ago. It included the last home game against Charlotte, and the first two playoff games for a whopping total of $35 for all three games. Granted these were upper level, but they are in low letter rows like "E and F"
Single game tickets were high. I got two tickets for Saturday in the lower bowl at $67 each in the corner.

Good upper deck seats were $55.
Top row seats in the upper deck behind the basket were $22 bucks.

mufansince72
04-19-2017, 11:57 AM
Single game tickets were high. I got two tickets for Saturday in the lower bowl at $67 each in the corner.

Good upper deck seats were $55.
Top row seats in the upper deck behind the basket were $22 bucks.

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. I bought some tickets for a potential game 6 with a special presale they had the other day. I bought some lower bowl corner tickets for that and they were $71 each. I also bought a pair of uppers and I think they were $35 each.

MU/Panther
04-19-2017, 12:51 PM
Seems a bit high, since you can go to an Admirals playoff game starting for $8 bucks and $18 bucks for the good seats. I know, not apples (NBA) vs apples (AHL). :D

mufansince72
04-19-2017, 01:18 PM
Seems a bit high, since you can go to an Admirals playoff game starting for $8 bucks and $18 bucks for the good seats. I know, not apples (NBA) vs apples (AHL). :D

Yeah, but crappy club seats for Brewers opening day were $75 bucks.