PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd

mufan2003
04-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Named Eastern Conference coach of the month.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2017/04/03/jason-kidd-named-eastern-conference-coach-month/99991324/

mufansince72
04-03-2017, 06:49 PM
I still would fire his ass.

mufan2003
04-04-2017, 02:15 PM
I still would fire his ass.

I give you credit for being consistent in wanting to get rid of Kidd. I am fine with him as coach, it is the personnel decisions that I want him to leave to Hammond and Zanik (Kidd should be part of the discussion, but should not have final say).

mufansince72
04-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Bucks make the playoffs, despite Kidd.

Kidd Karma
04-11-2017, 05:25 PM
Sounds like we would have won 50 games without Kidd at the helm.

Goose85
04-12-2017, 12:22 PM
What I think Kidd does well is what Larry Bird did well back when he took over coaching the Pacers. He hired an offensive and defensive coordinator like the NFL. Bird knew he needed experienced X and O guys, and kid has done the same. When there is a time out, Kidd is rarely the one drawing up the play, it is Joe Prunty drawing up the plays.

I'm not sold on Kidd as a coach, but at least his ego wasn't so big that he thought he could do it all himself.

Kidd Karma
04-12-2017, 01:31 PM
It's funny when I look at Kidd's playing career and how he's come full circle. Kidd hated, hated Byron Scott, because Scott was getting media props for the Nets winning, but Kidd, inside the lockerroom, knew Lawrence Frank was the one putting in the hours/work, to help Scott....the Nets win.

For his first hire in Brooklyn, he went after Frank, got him a nice contract....but that soon went to the crapper, there were too many voices at practice in the huddles etc. Eventually they reassigned Frank to another part of operations. Its funny because I think Kidd wanted the same structure when Byron Scott was there....Kidd would be the lone voice, but Frank would put in the hours of work behind the scenes.

mufan2003
04-12-2017, 02:13 PM
What I think Kidd does well is what Larry Bird did well back when he took over coaching the Pacers. He hired an offensive and defensive coordinator like the NFL. Bird knew he needed experienced X and O guys, and kid has done the same. When there is a time out, Kidd is rarely the one drawing up the play, it is Joe Prunty drawing up the plays.

I'm not sold on Kidd as a coach, but at least his ego wasn't so big that he thought he could do it all himself.

I agree. Joe Prunty presents offensive options to Kidd during timeouts. Sean Sweeney runs the defense. Allows Kidd to focus on managing the game and his players. I also think Kidd will be an asset in attracting free agents.