PDA

View Full Version : New arena debate

TulsaWarrior
06-16-2012, 06:21 AM
There's a lesson for Milwaukee in the story of the Seattle Supersonics/OKC Thunder.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/15/oklahoma-city-thunder-seattle-supersonics_n_1594729.html?utm_hp_ref=sports&ir=Sports

bleedbluegold03
06-16-2012, 11:55 AM
you really want to start that over here? That conversation alone is nearly tearing down muhoops

Tmreddevil
06-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Agreed - I have been visiting there less and less since that 'debate' has been going on. A few decent posters got banned too.

IWB
06-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Really what decent posters got banned?

TheSultan
06-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Really what decent posters got banned?

brewcity...and me, but I deserved it. Dodds kept closing the threads when I pointed out the very study that he used to support the economic benefits of an arena showed that they were limited...so I called him a bad name.

My POV didn't fit the narrative.

mufansince72
06-17-2012, 12:20 AM
So what, Dodd's has banned me probably 8 or 9 times over the years, as my views on Favre don't fit his narrative. He will most likely reinstate you in a few days!

bleedbluegold03
06-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Looks like it's taken the place of adding football or returning to Warriors as the popular go-no-where, no-one-agrees thread

TulsaWarrior
06-17-2012, 06:16 AM
Other than reading the title of the threat on the "other" board I haven't read the comments themselves. Until someone gets close to having the cash to make it happen it's an academic discussion. Living in Oklahoma it has been interesting to see the impact of the Thunder. OKC wants be be thought of as a big league city and the NBA team was the ticket. The city has always been a smaller Fort Worth without the charm. (tic) The OKC got a free ride through the recession because of the energy industry, state jobs and a major military base. The money to burn situation made building an arena a lot easier. The closest thing to what is going on between the Thunder/OKC and the entire state is what happened when the Braves moved to Milwaukee.

GOMU1104
06-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Considering the state of the BC and the recent push for a new/renovated arena, I think it is important for us to talk about.

At least here we wont have JD spewing his anecdotal and, frankly, incorrect "evidence" without accepting what others have to say...I think we will be OK.

TulsaWarrior
06-17-2012, 09:48 AM
In reference to that other issue somewhere else: "Numbers do not lie, it's the people who make wrong conclusions based on what they want to say and adjusting numbers to substantiate their point." Dr. Anatoly Temkin, Boston University

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-17-2012, 11:02 AM
So what, Dodd's has banned me probably 8 or 9 times over the years, as my views on Favre don't fit his narrative. He will most likely reinstate you in a few days!

At this point, I no longer care to go back. Hell, I got banned despite agreeing with Dodds! My only point was that it was worth hearing both sides of the argument and not closing threads because people disagreed with you. But being banned there led to me being more active here, and getting Premium membership here, which has been completely worth it. Compared to the "insider info" on the Scout site, I feel like I stepped out of a pitch-black closet and into the bright daylight. Dodds banning me was a great day.